Post-Practice Presser - August 15

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Anyone else relieved to hear one of the coaches say something negative? It’s been all sunshine pumping lately.

Bo used to give some pretty rosy reports after practice for the first week or two of Fall Camp, then he'd come out one day ripping into the lack of effort and saying there was a long way to go.

All part of the plan to keep guys motivated through the grind.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Bo used to give some pretty rosy reports after practice for the first week or two of Fall Camp, then he'd come out one day ripping into the lack of effort and saying there was a long way to go.

All part of the plan to keep guys motivated through the grind.

I think with Pelini the negative stuff was way more exaggerated.

I can see this staff doing it in a motivational way but not pulling it completely out of their ass which is what I thought Bo was doing half the time. Especially when he talked about Lavonte David.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I had been wondering what the general lack of news regarding the OLine was all about. Seemed like the media wasn't talking about much more than depth and the coaches weren't really saying anything at all.

That's a byproduct of the interviews being weekly. Last week was about effort as it pertains to the summer, and the transition from spring. This week the evaluations start. That continues into next week. There's another scrimmage coming up, then depth chart talk really starts. A lot more will be discussed then.