Moos Presser - 9/5/18

Mavric

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Soooo.....are people going to stay pissed about this or are they going to get over it and enjoy the rest of the season?

Eh, it's mostly because we don't really have anything else to talk about right now, and general frustration about the canceled game. Nobody will care too much once we have an actual game to talk about.

14 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think people who paid for a ticket and didn't get to see the game have every right to be bummed or disappointed.

I also think the University has every right to not offer a refund. At the end of the day, they still have to pay the people who worked the game. By rescheduling the game and still accepting those same tickets they are actually going to lose money in that aspect(they wont due to double food/more souvenirs and what not).

I think the University is handling it like any business should. Does it suck for people who spent all the money to come out, of course it does. That doesnt mean the university is in the wrong. 

Its a crappy situation that happened. I honestly think all parties involved handled it the best they could. No one will ever be fully happy. 

option for a refund should have been offered........we are now assuming everyone can change their schedule and attend the make up game. that's not classy by any means.

• Plus1 1

I’d have to agree that if people are bitching about being out the cash for one home game, they might need to reconsider whether they can financially afford season tickets. It isn’t a c$%ky or pompous comment, it’s a real world, grown up decision. If you can’t afford taking a $150-$200 hit, then you really shouldn’t be purchasing the tickets. 

Now, I could see emotionally why it’s annoying but the university is still working to possibly reschedule the game, so there is no reason to get pitchforks out at this time. 

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Who knows, it just seems rather SE like, you would think the Moos would act differently but in the end it is what it is.  Time will tell if a big booster gets a little irritated about having that $200k per game box.

Highly doubt they will for two facts. 

First, a majority of those boxes are bought through corporate accounts and taken as T/E

Second, those that purchased the boxes are probably levelheaded and realize this game is possibly going to be rescheduled. 

29 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

option for a refund should have been offered........we are now assuming everyone can change their schedule and attend the make up game. that's not classy by any means.

Here’s a question for you: Let’s say we make the B1G championship game. How many of the people that are supposedly upset about potentially having to change their schedule for a makeup game would be upset about having to change their schedule for a game in Indianapolis? 

People are throwing a fit before before letting everything play out, which seems about par for the course these days. 

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Actually all of the thrid party ticket websites are refunding people.  The people who buy from the University are the ones getting screwed.  We could have taken our donation value plus the face value of the first game and bought single game tickets all year for cheaper.

Caveat Emptor, silly one. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

Again, it is a business. It says on the tickets refunds wont be offered. 

Not everyone will be happy but they still had to pay employees, staff the stadium and get everything ready. That costs money.

If the game was cancelled a week in advance, then I would agree a refund should be in order.

• Plus1 1