*** 2018 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Colorado At Nebraska ***

Saunders

Colorado is better than last year's record, and so are the Huskers. With the new schemes, and all the new players, we needed the game last week. IMO, missing the game last week will cost us 10 points. I think we win 34-27. The key for us is to pressure the buffs QB. Last week he was throwing like it was practice, completing 88%. If we can sack him 3 or 4 times, and hit him hard a few times, that percentage will drop to 55% or less. To get heavy pressure, we will give up a couple long plays, perhaps even long TDs, but it has to be done. The guy is too good without pressure. On offense, I expect many mistakes, but I think AM is athletic enough that some of the mistakes will not cost us.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Saunders said:

2018 Game 2 “Expert” Picks: Colorado @ Nebraska

—————

CollegeFootballNews.com

What’s Going To Happen

Nebraska superstar recruit Adrian Martinez will have his moments, and he’ll show what he’s about to be a really, really big thing – right up until he throws a key pick in the second half. The Huskers will be fired up, the crowd will be crazy – at least, crazy for Memorial Stadium – and they’ll come up with just enough offensive pop to get everyone fired up – but this will be about Colorado, too. All of a sudden, the Buffaloes will start to get more national respect for a tight defense that will keep Martinez from running wild – outside of a few big  runs – as they throw a wet blanket on the opener.

Colorado 34 - Nebraska 31

XcR9MUF.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Trying to slot in a Nebraska guy or two for my CFB DFS teams and the only guy I can seem to fit in is Mike Williams at $4200 (Draftkings).  Don't get me wrong, Morgan and JD are great, they're just expensive.  Stan is $8500 while Hollywood Brown from OU is $7700 and I'd rather have Shenault at $5700 vs JD at $6800.  I'd love it if we knew somehow that Miles Jones was going to get a fair bit of run since he's min priced.

I personally think NU wins a tight one 38-34, something like that.  It wouldn't shock me if CU got off to a hot start and NU made some key 2H adjustments to slow them down.