*** 2024 Recruiting ***

19 commits.  If we are going to get to 25, that's 6 more spots.

I have:

Nelson

Pyfrom

Brix

Benning

Campbell

A Dline or LB that might not be on the radar just yet.  Whichever they don't get, they head to the portal for.

That will probably give us a class in the 20-25 ranking range.  And, 4th in the B1G.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

19 commits.  If we are going to get to 25, that's 6 more spots.

I have:

Nelson

Pyfrom

Brix

Benning

Campbell

A Dline or LB that might not be on the radar just yet.  Whichever they don't get, they head to the portal for.

That will probably give us a class in the 20-25 ranking range.  And, 4th in the B1G.

I just don't get the feeling that Benning ends up in this class.  Unless he has a very sudden change in timeline.

Kind of the same feeling about Pyfrom, though he wouldn't surprise me nearly as much as Benning.

I'd love to get Brix or Massey but I think we have work to do for either.

I think we get Nelson and Campbell.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I just don't get the feeling that Benning ends up in this class.  Unless he has a very sudden change in timeline.

Kind of the same feeling about Pyfrom, though he wouldn't surprise me nearly as much as Benning.

I'd love to get Brix or Massey but I think we have work to do for either.

I think we get Nelson and Campbell.

I understand those feelings.  I see we got Clark.  Maybe he takes Benning's spot. (I know different positions.  But, we have quite a few DBs in this class already.)

We need tackles.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on Pyfrom.  I get the feeling that if he's waiting for an offer like Clemson or Georgia, he's not going to get it and then he might very well be ours.  I think we have a better shot here than with Massey.  

I have absolutely no facts to give for this reason.  But, I feel we are sitting the best with Brix.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not trying to call you out on this but I've been waiting for Tweets like this to show up.  It's a zero sum game so it's interesting to see what people like to throw out there.  A lot of the reason we didn't get many Texas commits during the timeframe listed is because we were getting a ton of guy from Georgia and Florida, which are also two talent-rich states (which you know).  Now we are getting no guys from Georgia and fewer from Florida.  

So it doesn't much matter to me where they come from.  Unless they're coming from Nebraska (or near around) because I think it would be overall better to be able to get more guys locally.

But I'd like the best players and I don't really care where they come from.

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not trying to call you out on this but I've been waiting for Tweets like this to show up.  It's a zero sum game so it's interesting to see what people like to throw out there.  A lot of the reason we didn't get many Texas commits during the timeframe listed is because we were getting a ton of guy from Georgia and Florida, which are also two talent-rich states (which you know).  Now we are getting no guys from Georgia and fewer from Florida.  

So it doesn't much matter to me where they come from.  Unless they're coming from Nebraska (or near around) because I think it would be overall better to be able to get more guys locally.

But I'd like the best players and I don't really care where they come from.

I agree.