Marc Boehm Stepping Down

I'm not one of those people who thinks every single person associated with a failed plan/team/whatever is bad at their jobs... but I kinda wonder if it was really entirely his choice. If we want basketball to be good it makes sense to get a new person who wasn't overseeing it through 16 years of not good basketball.

Just now, Moiraine said:

I'm not one of those people who thinks every single person associated with a failed plan/team/whatever is bad at their jobs... but I kinda wonder if it was really entirely his choice. If we want basketball to be good it makes sense to get a new person who wasn't overseeing it through 16 years of not good basketball.

I definitely think this is best for both parties.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not one of those people who thinks every single person associated with a failed plan/team/whatever is bad at their jobs... but I kinda wonder if it was really entirely his choice. If we want good basketball it makes sense to get a new person who wasn't overseeing it through 16 years of not good basketball.

He had already been moved to more of a fundraising position I believe, but that may have still played a part.

Ok so he's gone gone then. It does sound like he was pushed out to me. Or at least pushed to the new role, then maybe didn't like it so much.

Boehm, a Grand Island native who has been at Nebraska since 2003 and overseen men's and women's basketball the majority of that time, saw his role begin to change when Moos took over in late 2017.

Boehm's title officially changed in early April of this year as his involvement with the men’s and women’s basketball programs was scaled back to allow him to focus more on the external relations of Nebraska’s athletic department.