Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

I got to thinking.  Voting is democracy's most sacred act, right, and privilege.  It is the most important component of the constitution - without that right all other provisions of the constitution are meaningless including the Bill of Rights and all of the following amendments that aimed to make us a 'more perfect union'.   Therefore, if I support a party that is currently supporting the suppression of the right to vote, I am supporting a party that is antithetical to the very core of what this county stands for and what actually "Made America Great".

What the tRumpsters and GOPers are doing is making the country less great contrary to their stated rhetoric. It is this sacred right that made us great or should I say put us on the road towards greatness.  In a sense, these acts of voter suppression are acts of terror, act traitorism against our constitution & against every voter.

The assumption of our brand of democracy that has played out in our long history & tradition is that the right to vote is so sacred that the results are be honor even if 'my party' loses - unless of course obvious foul play was at work.  I fear that this long held tradition will be dishonored on Nov 4th and in the days to follow. I hope not.  I also hope that the results on election night will leave no doubt.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The key word here is "targeted."

They know exactly who to send this kind of message to, exactly who will respond. The Cambridge Analytica project is really screwing with the minds of a lot of susceptible people.

It's getting easier and easier to tell who gets a large part of their information from Facebook.

• Plus1 1