South Alabama Post Game comments

Is it just me or does Adrian seem like he's trying too hard to say the right thing, be composed, be "unflappable."  The kid needs to be loose and who he is.  Stop thinking "what should I say here, what would a leader's demeanor be?"  

It's not explicit...but I just get this read he is overthinking and working to be what Scott wants vs. just being himself which Scott is good with.

Last year it was not his team.  He played loosely.  He looked fast and mobile.  This game he looked slow, tentative, uncertain.  And then he says he's playing fast or all out?  Because that's true or the right thing to say?  

It will be interesting to see what they come out of through film study.  

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Is it just me or does Adrian seem like he's trying too hard to say the right thing, be composed, be "unflappable."  The kid needs to be loose and who he is.  Stop thinking "what should I say here, what would a leader's demeanor be?"  

It's not explicit...but I just get this read he is overthinking and working to be what Scott wants vs. just being himself which Scott is good with.

Last year it was not his team.  He played loosely.  He looked fast and mobile.  This game he looked slow, tentative, uncertain.  And then he says he's playing fast our all out?  Because that's true or the right thing to say?  

Last year Adrian was the young QB who the older guys rallied around.  He had leaders like Morgan and older guys on the o-line who were able to bring him along.  This year, he's being counted on as a leader for the team, even though he's still only a sophomore.  I think Martinez will improve a TON from this game, and it will start with film study.

• Plus1 5

Adrian has talked like this since Day 1. I think he was pressing a bit on the field, but so was everyone. There was a lot of desire on that field.

The difference in our team, and say Minnesota, is that we do react to a close win like a loss. PJ Fleck spent his press conference constantly saying “a win is a win” while riding a pony and eating chocolate cake.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, brophog said:

Adrian has talked like this since Day 1. I think he was pressing a bit on the field, but so was everyone. There was a lot of desire on that field.

The difference in our team, and say Minnesota, is that we do react to a close win like a loss. PJ Fleck spent his press conference constantly saying “a win is a win” while riding a pony and eating chocolate cake.

If I was one of his players, his shtick would get old very fast with me.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, brophog said:

That wasn’t chocolate on that cake... :devil

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Last year it was not his team.  He played loosely.  He looked fast and mobile.  This game he looked slow, tentative, uncertain.  And then he says he's playing fast or all out?  Because that's true or the right thing to say?  

He definitely came across like he had a little too much of a coaches mentality as opposed to that of a player.    Something about this clip definitely seemed off for him.    Maybe he's a little bit overwhelmed with the leadership role he has and was emulating Frost as opposed to being himself.