Frost did well under pressure.

Salsa Red

When things were going badly yesterday it seemed Frost stayed calm, especially in the second half. He was talking to the QB's and offensive players particularly in the second half in a teaching way it seemed and didn't start yelling at the kids or giving false encouragement. It's a big contrast to our previous coaches and gives me encouragement for the future.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

I liked it when they showed Frost talking to Martinez in the 2nd quarter.  It was after NU scored a TD, but Martinez got caught between a run and a pass and threw the ball at Allen's feet.  Frost clearly said "RUN THE BALL AND GET THE FIRST DOWN!"  That was exactly what I was telling my son, even though Matt Millen wasn't critical of Martinez's decision on that play.

I was very impressed with Frost being a strong leader yesterday, staying calm, and coaching the team through the comeback.  He needs to get understand that the play clock is only 25 seconds after a kick off and he doesn't have as much time to huddle the offense on the sideline.  That mistake cost the team 5 yards, and that same mistake cost NU a timeout in the 2nd half of the CU game.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Totally agree, but a minor gripe, coming out of a timeout Frost directly caused us to get a delay of game by talking to the offense way too long that they had no time to get on the field and snap a play. I saw it coming from about the start of the play clock winding, and sure enough, delay of game.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I liked it when they showed Frost talking to Martinez in the 2nd quarter.  It was after NU scored a TD, but Martinez got caught between a run and a pass and threw the ball at Allen's feet.  Frost clearly said "RUN THE BALL AND GET THE FIRST DOWN!"  That was exactly what I was telling my son, even though Matt Millen wasn't critical of Martinez's decision on that play.

I was very impressed with Frost being a strong leader yesterday, staying calm, and coaching the team through the comeback.  He needs to get understand that the play clock is only 25 seconds after a kick off and he doesn't have as much time to huddle the offense on the sideline.  That mistake cost the team 5 yards, and that same mistake cost NU a timeout in the 2nd half of the CU game.

Did you yell it at him and then do that long glare without saying a thing so that he knew you were the alpha male in the room?

• Haha 2

“Frost did well under pressure”

Frost is a guy who’s “been there”. He was there during the last incarnation of Husker greatness. He already has on his resume the building up of a great new young powerhouse in Florida. He has played as a pro in New York City and Green Bay - two places not without pressure and big expectations.

He’s had great teachers and mentors in his journey. And, he also knows the lingering fallout from certain past Husker leaders who... let’s say had a different personality and approach when things didn’t go too well.

Among knowledgeable football insiders and fans alike, Nebraska has always stood for... being classy. Win or lose, standing above the game results and projecting an image of respect.

Frost can get mad. He can get discouraged. He can get frustrated. Of course, he’s a human being. But most of all, Frost is steeped in Big Red tradition. He’s going to handle pressure. He took on a tough assignment without fear and he’s working without fail to bring about the kind of results that Husker fans are longing for.

7 hours ago, lo country said:

Also refreshing was seeing Frost get angry with Martinez about not running.

That was the most encouraging moment of the game.   It seemed to wake Martinez up!   Sometimes not all the time, we need a good kick in the backseat!

GBR!

• Plus1 1