The Fragile Bowl

I thought Frost was the guy.  And still do.  My expectations have been tempered considerably.......

We are 4-3 and still have a chance to meet the Vegas pre-season line (IIRC it was 8?).  I just don't see that happening.  Injuries, coaching, whatever, we appear to be going backwards......Today is a must win game.  

On 10/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

It's just that we see and hear the sayings of the coach and the local sports writers right after each loss, then up to the next game about what needs to be corrected, etc.  We keep seeing that pattern (for many many years now).  The 6 game bowl eligible threshold comes and goes.  Is it coming this time?

The team seems to be collapsing again, as to fire on the field.  Some are over there happily dancing to the stadium music on the sidelines after we've been scored on.  I felt like SF should have slapped them all across the face Moe Howard style.  

Something is deeply deeply wrong with the Nebraska football program.  A bowl?  Would we even f*^%$#g really deserve it with somehow getting 6 wins?

I don't think Frostco expected the impact injuries would have on the team from playing in the mastodon league. They're patching up as much as they're planning improvements. This happens to every team in every league, but it's much harder to overcome when an ordinary team can just push you around and run straight at you. I wonder if the starters are a cohesive team or they're all wondering what the guy next to them is gonna do?

9 hours ago, KingBlank said:

He always won 9 games and competed for 3 titles and wasn't let time to change his players to the big ten, after he had made a pretty ruthless defense against the big 12.  And yes he would have a better team right now.  I can't say his name because he was apparently awful.  

I think you might actually be Bo Pelini, the king of shooting blanks in big games.  He had 4 full years in the B1G, plus three others recruiting kids he wanted before that.  His best years in the big ten were his first couple.

You can't call out people for making excuses for Frost if you're going to sit here and make excuses for a coach from 5 years ago.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

I thought Frost was the guy.  And still do.  My expectations have been tempered considerably.......

We are 4-3 and still have a chance to meet the Vegas pre-season line (IIRC it was 8?).  I just don't see that happening.  Injuries, coaching, whatever, we appear to be going backwards......Today is a must win game.  

Frost has to be the guy and I hope he stays for decades. I think lost in all the hype was Frost’s lack of HC experience. He’ll learn.