Alienation

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

There seem to be a good number of underclassmen on this current Huskers team that would tend to disagree with your premise.  Wandale spoke to it, mccaffrey, Nelson too.....again this has been something Nebraska has attracted for better or worse for 20 yrs....players that care...just not a lot.  They are ok being just ok.

i remember carriker talking about as he connected with a former Huskers in the nfl in dc.  He recalled telling this former player one of his biggest regrets was not winning a conf championship.  The pelini player responded by saying one of their greatest accomplishments was winning 9 games each yr.   right there tells you all you need to know.  Ok just being ok, Frost was not wrong.

If only we could return to the glory days when Adam Carriker was lining up. 

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

If only we could return to the glory days when Adam Carriker was lining up. 

Jesus.....the point is frost is not wrong.  Our team and I believe by and large the upperclassmen are ok with just being ok.  2+2=4, water is wet, the earth is round....these are just as clear a fact as the previous statement.  I know, I know.....it’s just horrible to question the commitment of the players but Frost called balls and strikes and he’s not wrong.  Anyone that can watch our team every Saturday can tell some players are giving 110% and are dialed in and some are giving a C+ effort, mentally and/physically.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

i remember carriker talking about as he connected with a former Huskers in the nfl in dc.  He recalled telling this former player one of his biggest regrets was not winning a conf championship.  The pelini player responded by saying one of their greatest accomplishments was winning 9 games each yr.   right there tells you all you need to know.  Ok just being ok, Frost was not wrong.

I hadn't heard that before but it's confirmation.  Blowouts were OK as long as they got 9 wins was the prevalent mindset under the Pelini regime.  I remember Cotton crowing after a game about it being our ninth win although it was an abysmal showing.  Of course that was a typical season where we looked like we didn't belong in the same league with Wisconsin, OSU or Michigan (take your pick).  Before a Wisconsin or OSU game Pelini was interviewed and he said he thought we were a 9 win program.  I knew then we were going to get smoked so didn't bother watching.  Going from that to no standards under Relliy it's easy to see how a well entrenched locker room mentality developed that was polar opposite to that which Frost experienced in his playing days.  At least he knows what it should be like, maybe he can get it back.  If playing like they did on Indiana's last emasculating TD drive where they rammed it to us without a reach around doesn't make the Blackshirts want to get better, I don't have much hope. Pride level 0.

12 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Maybe instead of chucking guys under the bus every press conference, maybe...just maybe.....he could point the thumb back at himself and his staff and how they are getting schooled week in and week out.  That would be refreshing and that is more reflective of a true leader.  Pass the popcorn

Intentional or no, this is a Bo Pelini reference, i am both impressed and offended.