Alienation

I’ve said this for years.  You can tell some players “care” more than others and that’s been true since Callahan through every coach to present day.  You can also tell that many fans take losses harder than some of the players.  This shouldn’t be the case and I have no problem with him saying it publicly it’s about time we have a coach that does.  Teams that have players that “care” don’t consistently give up 3rd & long, get zero pressure on the qb, etc......

also it’s 100% accurate to say we need better players to fit scheme.  Our lbs aren’t near fast enough.  Stille wouldn’t be in the two deep on many teams in the top 15.  Them are just the facts, truth telling is refreshing.

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Maybe instead of chucking guys under the bus every press conference, maybe...just maybe.....he could point the thumb back at himself and his staff and how they are getting schooled week in and week out.  That would be refreshing and that is more reflective of a true leader.  Pass the popcorn

The defense is getting schooled, for sure. But they had 514 offensive yards and 31 points, a good chunk of them by true freshmen. The offense did some schooling themselves.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Maybe he should watch the part in Remember the Titans where coach threatened to break his foot off in the player's butt, and then make them run a mile.

The coach in your show held players accountable for their mistakes. Or are we forgetting that part of the movie because it's inconvenient?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hold guys accountable?  Like #51 who spent the better part of this season snapping the ball to kingdom come and back...yeah, Scotty held him accountable alright !

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Hold guys accountable?  Like #51 who spent the better part of this season snapping the ball to kingdom come and back...yeah, Scotty held him accountable alright !

Not only has that problem apparently been fixed, Jurgens is one of our best O Linemen as a Redshirt Freshman.

Sounds like some pretty good coaching to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 8
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Not only has that problem apparently been fixed, Jurgens is one of our best O Linemen as a Redshirt Freshman.

Sounds like some pretty good coaching to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fixed or better?  Yeah, there were still a few snaps rolling on the ground at the QB's feet Saturday, one Vedral did a great job to turn it into a decent play.  Saying you are the "best" lineman at Nebraska does not hold much weight in the CFB discussions taking place.  Im the best ice hockey player in Barbados......

1 minute ago, 10_point_buck said:

He called him out did he not? and other players did as well. The snaps got better too right? Not sure the point you're trying to make.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Here's my deal, a lot of this "hasn't bought in" is B.S.

If guys that aren't "bought in" and are still playing ... why? Why not bench them and give another kid a shot? All you are doing by continuing to play them is reinforcing that behavior. Further, benching someone who isn't performing and not bought in will expose their character - will they work to gain their spot back or roll over and call it quits!?

Frost is our guy, but I'm not entirely buying the excuses he is giving us. Yes, I agree that talent isn't where it needs to be, but the coaching has been sub-par as well. Put simply, IF GUYS AREN'T BOUGHT IN BY NOW THEN BENCH THEM!

• Thanks 3
32 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Did they fix the snapping issue? Did you watch Farniok when he came in? Or are you just constantly throwing darts at your agenda hoping someone will agree with you?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

Did they fix the snapping issue? Did you watch Farniok when he came in? Or are you just constantly throwing darts at your agenda hoping someone will agree with you?

No agendas, but also no blinders on either.  #51 might be a player, but he was "off limits" to discussion, as per Frosty himself, with the media.  That is true accountability.  Say one thing, and do another.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost points the thumb quite a bit?? People hear what they want in the interviews.

No, he has repeated admitted to mistakes. He admitted to bad play calling at the end of the CU game.  He has admitted to being too conservative at times....etc.  I remember multiple times where he has said the coaching staff needs to do better.

But....at some point, the toughness of this team needs to be called out and I don't have a problem with him doing it.

• Plus1 3
56 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

I’ve said this for years.  You can tell some players “care” more than others and that’s been true since Callahan through every coach to present day.  You can also tell that many fans take losses harder than some of the players.  This shouldn’t be the case and I have no problem with him saying it publicly it’s about time we have a coach that does. Teams that have players that “care” don’t consistently give up 3rd & long, get zero pressure on the qb, etc......

also it’s 100% accurate to say we need better players to fit scheme.  Our lbs aren’t near fast enough.  Stille wouldn’t be in the two deep on many teams in the top 15.  Them are just the facts, truth telling is refreshing.

This is one of the more laughable things I’ve seen being thrown around this year. Are there players that don’t care? Sure, there are. But simply caring doesn’t make a team good. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, he has repeated admitted to mistakes. He admitted to bad play calling at the end of the CU game.  He has admitted to being too conservative at times....etc.  I remember multiple times where he has said the coaching staff needs to do better.

But....at some point, the toughness of this team needs to be called out and I don't have a problem with him doing it.

Thats what I'm saying Frost does point the thumb quite a bit. The question marks were more confusion that people think he doesn't do that when he has done it all season. Imo Frost calls it like he sees it about why we lose games.

19 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Here's my deal, a lot of this "hasn't bought in" is B.S.

If guys that aren't "bought in" and are still playing ... why? Why not bench them and give another kid a shot? All you are doing by continuing to play them is reinforcing that behavior. Further, benching someone who isn't performing and not bought in will expose their character - will they work to gain their spot back or roll over and call it quits!?

Frost is our guy, but I'm not entirely buying the excuses he is giving us. Yes, I agree that talent isn't where it needs to be, but the coaching has been sub-par as well. Put simply, IF GUYS AREN'T BOUGHT IN BY NOW THEN BENCH THEM!

Preserving redshirts ain't easy. Those freshman can lose you the game too with inexperience. I loved the way he played but think about Garrett Nelson losing contain multiple times. Now multiply those type of mistakes by a few different positions and you quickly have a mess on D.

• Plus1 1