Cold dose of reality by Dirk

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think that is a good answer.  I don't know if wanting to be great is something that is lacking, but maybe it is.

It is something severely lacking in the upperclassmen.

Frost was spot on with his post game speech about too many being "just ok".

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think that is a good answer.  I don't know if wanting to be great is something that is lacking, but maybe it is.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Can I ask this...

If Nelson were...a 5 star...from Florida...and his stats and amount of playing time were 100% exactly the same as the real Nelson...would you be as enthused about the 5 Star Florida Nelson?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Can I ask this...

If Nelson were...a 5 star...from Florida...and his stats and amount of playing time were 100% exactly the same as the real Nelson...would you be as enthused about the 5 Star Florida Nelson?

I'd expect better production from a 5 star.  From anywhere.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Can I ask this...

If he was a 5 star I would be expecting a bit more but let me ask you this. If he was rated the same but from Florida how would people feel about his play? A low 3 star seeing PT and playing with energy in his freshman year

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

If he was a 5 star I would be expecting a bit more but let me ask you this. If he was rated the same but from Florida how would people feel about his play? A low 3 star seeing PT and playing with energy in his freshman year

Good question...I think (just my guess here) that fans would look at him like they did Alex Davis his freshmen year...they would be like "Ohhhh, just wait until he really learns the system and gets some coaching"

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Good question...I think (just my guess here) that fans would look at him like they did Alex Davis his freshmen year...they would be like "Ohhhh, just wait until he really learns the system and gets some coaching"

Alex Davis probably would be better if he had the same coach for 4 years 

2 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Once, with largely Callahan recruits....do try to focus on the majority of the point...or did you completely miss it and need it in picture form with finger paints

Actually, it was 3 times.  And the last time was in 2012 when all of Callahan's recruits were gone.

You should probably stick to finger painting...:thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I thought he was going to be RG Part II...I was sooooooo wrong.  It is like he has never got better at all.

I really think the seniors on this team have all had their growth stunted in a major way. They are not the players they could have been if they had had good consistent coaching their entire careers.

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Actually, it was 3 times.  And the last time was in 2012 when all of Callahan's recruits were gone.

You should probably stick to finger painting...:thumbs

My apologies, my point remains the same.  Quit making pelini out to be something great.  He is where he is supposed to be level wise.  If you disagree, what about pelini made you think any different ?