WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Waiting for the "He wasn't any good anyways" posts like 

I think KJ is a good talent but given our haul last class, we aren't in desperate need at his spot. Wish him the best but not a dagger to the program or morale. Hopefully he's the last from the metro going to Iowa City for awhile. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa Commit]
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I think KJ is a good talent but given our haul last class, we aren't in desperate need at his spot. Wish him the best but not a dagger to the program or morale. Hopefully he's the last from the metro going to Iowa City for awhile. 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

giphy.gif

Not sure what you mean by that.  The post you replied to was saying he's a good talent.  It's just that this isn't going to kill the program that he went to Iowa.

I agree.  I would have loved to have had him at Nebraska.  But, it's not something that is going to make this class or the program a disaster that he wen to Iowa.

So...basically you are saying "there it is" to a post that didn't do what you're anticipating.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

giphy.gif

I mean is he wrong? 

The only one you could even really make a case for is Nixon who is a Duck-R guy. 

johnson better than Manning, Betts, Flemming, or Brown? Not at this point. We will find someone else to replace him and keep moving. Fidone is the only non-replaceable guy in the metro besides maybe Dickerson. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure what you mean by that.  The post you replied to was saying he's a good talent.  It's just that this isn't going to kill the program that he went to Iowa.

I agree.  I would have loved to have had him at Nebraska.  But, it's not something that is going to make this class or the program a disaster that he wen to Iowa.

So...basically you are saying "there it is" to a post that didn't do what you're anticipating.

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I mean is he wrong? 

The only one you could even really make a case for is Nixon who is a Duck-R guy. 

johnson better than Manning, Betts, Flemming, or Brown? Not at this point. We will find someone else to replace him and keep moving. Fidone is the only non-replaceable guy in the metro besides maybe Dickerson. 

"He's not that good anyways" and "We didn't need him" are brothers from the same mother. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

"He's not that good anyways" and "We didn't need him" are brothers from the same mother. 

So, you're saying this is a disaster and we will never be able to replace him in this class.  And...he literally started his post with "He's a good talent".  

• Plus1 1

He is completely replaceable. Did you think that Flemming, Brown, or Nixon were going to sign with N at this point? Nope. We will find a high quality replacement. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, my "jump to conclusion" is basically what your comments are coming across as.  

What is incorrect about the post you tried making this statement about?

It's really not, though. It's commentary on how, on almost every one of these threads (the local kids in particular) where a kid doesn't commit, we have a few recruiting geniuses that come in here espousing about how he either A. wasn't very good, or B. we didn't really want him. It's a tired and worn out trope that rears it's ugly head almost every time it happens, and it deserves to be called out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The post you quoted did neither of these.

You're really trying hard to make a point that isn't there.

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

13 minutes ago, Decked said:

He is completely replaceable. Did you think that Flemming, Brown, or Nixon were going to sign with N at this point? Nope. We will find a high quality replacement. 

I mean...

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]