The Political Cartoon Thread

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

A picture of our strange culture for sure.  

It seems this is the case with many far left causes.  Parents are great unless parents stand in the way of indoctrination of the youth for left wing causes. 

Teenagers need parental permission for most everything but yet if they want to have an abortion or any other activity that planned parenthood could provide, then parents are often squeezed out of the equation. 

There is even talk of lowering the voting age to 16 by some on the left.  Yes, 16 year olds are really in tune with political issues and cannot be easily manipulated :sarcasm  

If the parent is left of center, then by all means they have the right to share those values with their children.  Granted there are those cases, (seems one has to always mention the exception to the rule) in which a far right parent or a far left parent are endangering their child with values that aren't acceptable.  But the vast majority, right or left, are doing the best they can to raise their kids and help them to grow up to be productive people in our society.  Govt  should assist those parents and not make it more difficult.

I don't want to bash what some well meaning people may want to do and there are exceptions where parents aren't acting like parents (looking at you Kelly Anne Conway), but I think parents rights should stand above the right of the child and govt should protect the parent's position in society and reinforce it and not take away.  If the family is the cornerstone of our society, then it should be supported in every way possible and not made weaker.   I don't care if you are a liberal or conservative or moderate parent, religious or not.  Families are where most societal values are communicated to the next generation.  And let me add, most values communicated are neither left or right,...most are common sense.  :rant

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1