The Political Cartoon Thread

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's satire and there's propaganda. Satire pokes fun at reality. This is not reality, it's based off a false story run by Fox News.

I know we're all smart enough to see the difference. It's interesting what people are willing to defend if it fits their agenda. 

I've never seen one of their posts that wasn't obviously satirical in nature. I don't view it to be anymore damaging to the national narrative than The Daily Show, for example. Probably less so, actually. The Babylon Bee is clearly satire. The Daily Show routinely bends narratives to tell the story they want to tell. Especially when they send their correspondents out into the public.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Its their schtick. And they don't hide it, or the attached satire. That's why I find it fairly harmless.

I think most of what they produce is humorous and harmless. This particular thing - not so much. 

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Gotcha. Is it the BLM part of the headline, or that they touched on the Middle East thing?

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Because this is straight out of a debunked Fox News story that they've since corrected (but not actually retracted).

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

So the "Babylon Bee" is just right-wing propaganda dressed up as a joke now?

Because this is straight out of a debunked Fox News story that they've since corrected (but not actually retracted).

Or, are they attempting to make fun of Fox News running a fake news story?

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or, are they attempting to make fun of Fox News running a fake news story?

That would be a pretty huge departure from their agenda. 

On 4/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, DevoHusker said:

:D

On 4/22/2021 at 8:17 AM, DevoHusker said:

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

What is this even about?

I thought it was funny because it satirically shows what happened in a lot of black neighborhoods during the BLM protests...

• Plus1 2