Way too early OLine projection

bhunt7

4 minutes ago, madrat said:

Did I?  I simply choose not to entertain your argument.  This isn't exactly secret that coaches say one thing and sometimes are doing another.  I'd like to see less hype from our coaches about what they will do and more of them allowing what is already here to get it done.  It's a WIP in the sense they really have a lot of room to improve.  Getting just six wins next year would not be good for the program.

You did, and now you won't even quote me. Your reputation precedes you and you aren't helping yourself with boldface lies about access to privileged information.

7 hours ago, madrat said:

The Cam Jurgens experiment cost us games all season, because he isn't good as a center.  It's killing us.  He's a tight end.

Agree he hurt us some early (don't know if I would go so far as to say he cost us games... plenty of suspects to go around for that dubious award).

But by the end of the season, you could argue he was playing as well as anyone on the O-line....

with the potential to be all - conference in a year or so.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Comish said:

Agree he hurt us some early (don't know if I would go so far as to say he cost us games... plenty of suspects to go around for that dubious award).

But by the end of the season, you could argue he was playing as well as anyone on the O-line....

No way man, he was at the bottom of the coaching grades every game. Don't ask me where you can find the grades though, that's a secret.

1 minute ago, madrat said:

Ouch.  I'm supposed to be hurt because the honesty isn't fitting your narrative.

What honesty? You haven't provided a shred of evidence that you know what you are talking about. You keep saying you have seen these grades but yet can't direct anyone as to where they can be found. Quit with the bullcrap. It's not particularly convincing.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Comish said:

He was getting the snaps completed in the high 90% range, which was big.  He definitely gets out of the blocks fast.  He did whiff on a high percentage of blocks, which doesn't help.  But he certainly made more at the end of the season than at the beginning.  I'd like to see him win 70% of his match-ups, but he's probably going to be a senior before he gets that high.  The average B1G center was getting more than half of their blocks simply because they tend to be upperclassmen with experience.  Nebraska opted to go with a freshman center in a league that punishes you for any weakness.  While not the only weakness on our team, in crunch time we faltered way too often in the first half of the season.  Even an unexciting upperclassmen making average B1G center play would have lessened the pressure on Martinez.  But for awhile there every snap was exciting.

2 minutes ago, madrat said:

Now you're doing exactly what you projected on me, trolling.

I never said you were trolling but am I really trolling? Because you said you had the link and you are yet to provide it. You said it could easily be found on huskermax as if that isn't the broadest thing you could possibly say, but I went and looked and guess what? I found nothing to back up what you said. So I ask for a thread title, ya know point me in the right direction? You can't even do that. So again let's cut the bullcrap and either show me where I can find the grades or admit you don't know nearly as much as you say you do. 

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I never said you were trolling but am I really trolling? Because you said you had the link and you are yet to provide it. You said it could easily be found on huskermax as if that isn't the broadest thing you could possibly say, but I went and looked and guess what? I found nothing to back up what you said. So I ask for a thread title, ya know point me in the right direction? You can't even do that. So again let's cut the bullcrap and either show me where I can find the grades or admit you don't know nearly as much as you say you do. 

You said I was lying.  So far you've been long on personal attacks and short on Google-fu.  Makes me think you hang at HuskerMax.  But since you keep going on a tangent, I'll help you out.

Post #25 https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/jurgens-improving.114016/page-2#post-4134586

Sorry, dude, but you're grasping at straws saying Jurgens was our best OL.  It was not true. Maybe you dislike facts coming from others, but I have no reason to get personal with you.  Being a slow day and all is no excuse to get testy with me.

34 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya I their combined 0-2 record really kept us in bowl contention until the end. 

You realize Martinez began 0-4.  Did you expect instant results?  These guys got their first significant P-T and were very competitive.  Indiana was certainly winnable and they put us in position to win.  Minnesota whooped our whole team and Martinez wasn't going to add anything there.