Drones

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That is the most plausible explanation I’ve seen yet. In fact, I would guess that is pretty much it.  I don’t see how spotting them further east damages the veracity of that explanation.

Mostly because our missile silos are much farther west.

image.thumb.png.5df78fa99525c6946076305cd4b9aaf5.png

1 minute ago, schriznoeder said:

Mostly because our missile silos are much farther west.

image.thumb.png.5df78fa99525c6946076305cd4b9aaf5.png

Yes, but if they are testing their drone detection systems it seems logical that some of that testing would entail things out of range of the silos. Early detection.... And while they’re already at it, there are sensitive sites all over the country, not necessarily just missile silos.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, but if they are testing their drone detection systems it seems logical that some of that testing would entail things out of range of the silos. Early detection.... And while they’re already at it, there are sensitive sites all over the country, not necessarily just missile silos.

Good point. With Offutt just down the road, I suppose it makes sense to scan the eastern half of the state for vulnerabilities too.

We'll see how long the officials from F.E. Warren Air Force Base continue to deny involvement...

New drone task force on the hunt for “command vehicle” in rural Colorado, Nebraska

Lt. Jon Carkhuff, a spokesman for F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, said Monday that the drones aren’t flying from the base.

“They’re not from F.E. Warren and they are not part of our counter-drone system,” he said. “We do not know where they are coming from, but we are cooperating with the FAA and the FBI and numerous police departments to find out what those sightings are.”

A Colorado reporter got a picture of one of them.

A night on the plains: Chasing the mysterious drones of eastern Colorado

As light turned to dark Thursday, stars appeared in the night sky. And soon after, so did drones. Around 6:10 p.m., a Denver Post reporter and photographer spotted two unmanned aircraft whizzing west above I-70, 8 miles outside Limon.

More drones could be seen outside Last Chance, a slight whir audible as they passed overhead. The aircraft flashed one red light and one white. Two other yellowish lights remained on throughout the flight. In 20 minutes, a half-dozen flying objects could be seen traversing over the barren wind farms.

qCJjm4A.jpg

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

That is the most plausible explanation I’ve seen yet. In fact, I would guess that is pretty much it.  I don’t see how spotting them further east damages the veracity of that explanation.

If this were the case, then why would they be in central and eastern Nebraska?  The missile silos are quite a ways west of there.

And, if they are testing these drones, why would they do it over populated areas like this instead of out in the middle of Wyoming where there isn't anyone?

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this were the case, then why would they be in central and eastern Nebraska?  The missile silos are quite a ways west of there.

And, if they are testing these drones, why would they do it over populated areas like this instead of out in the middle of Wyoming where there isn't anyone?

The story is that they are testing drone detection systems not testing the drones themselves.

19 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

We'll see how long the officials from F.E. Warren Air Force Base continue to deny involvement...

New drone task force on the hunt for “command vehicle” in rural Colorado, Nebraska

Lt. Jon Carkhuff, a spokesman for F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, said Monday that the drones aren’t flying from the base.

“They’re not from F.E. Warren and they are not part of our counter-drone system,” he said. “We do not know where they are coming from, but we are cooperating with the FAA and the FBI and numerous police departments to find out what those sightings are.”

If it does turn out to be them, someone should lose their jobs.  This is an epic failure in so many ways if that's what it turns out to be.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, but they would be flying drones to test the detection systems.  Why would they be doing that over populated areas?

IDK, wouldn't they want to detect enemy drones anywhere, under any and all conditions?

Do you have a more plausible theory?

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If it does turn out to be them, someone should lose their jobs.  This is an epic failure in so many ways if that's what it turns out to be.

IDK man, if it's not our military operating them and they can't figure out who is, that would be a much more epic failure imo.