Rod Blagojevich is spillin' the beans on crooked politicians in Illinois

NUance

Blago Warns Taxpayers Of Pritzker's $7 Million Deal With Madigan
Blago says Gov. Pritzker's legislative success is due to $7 million donation to a fund run by Speaker Madigan, Springfield's "Wizard of Oz."
By Mark Konkol, Patch Staff    Feb 27, 2020 11:05 pm CT | Updated Feb 28, 2020 1:32 pm CT  

CHICAGO — Some people want Rod Blagojevich to shut up. A few wouldn't mind if the former governor would just go away.  Other powerful Illinois Democrats prefer to deflect questions about their dealings with the felonious former governor recently released from federal prison six years early by President Trump.  One of those people is Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

<snip> 

"J.B. took his personal wealth and gave Madigan $7 million of it," Blagojevich said. "And that's why Madigan is working with him."  LINK

========================================================  

So THAT is why Rod Blagojevich is walking free today.  He got out in a deal to spill the beans on some of our wonderfully crooked Illinois politicians.   This should be FUN!  lol   

21 minutes ago, NUance said:

Blago Warns Taxpayers Of Pritzker's $7 Million Deal With Madigan
Blago says Gov. Pritzker's legislative success is due to $7 million donation to a fund run by Speaker Madigan, Springfield's "Wizard of Oz."
By Mark Konkol, Patch Staff    Feb 27, 2020 11:05 pm CT | Updated Feb 28, 2020 1:32 pm CT  

CHICAGO — Some people want Rod Blagojevich to shut up. A few wouldn't mind if the former governor would just go away.  Other powerful Illinois Democrats prefer to deflect questions about their dealings with the felonious former governor recently released from federal prison six years early by President Trump.  One of those people is Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

<snip> 

"J.B. took his personal wealth and gave Madigan $7 million of it," Blagojevich said. "And that's why Madigan is working with him."  LINK

========================================================  

So THAT is why Rod Blagojevich is walking free today.  He got out in a deal to spill the beans on some of our wonderfully crooked Illinois politicians.   This should be FUN!  lol   

I don’t know any of these people. 

Are there both Republican and Democrats being mentioned?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t know any of these people. 

Are there both Republican and Democrats being mentioned?

Blago is a democrat.  So most of the people he dealt with are too.

10 minutes ago, NUance said:

I'll bite.  Why was he released then?  

Nothing to bite on, he was released for this purpose.  The dude has more dirt on Chicago politicians (and people that work for the city) than anyone else ever (well, maybe with the exception of Jesse Jackson)

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nothing to bite on, he was released for this purpose.  The dude has more dirt on Chicago politicians (and people that work for the city) than anyone else ever (well, maybe with the exception of Jesse Jackson)

Ha ha!  Yeah!  Blagojevich is the Curtis Blackwell of the Democratic party.  (Curtis Blackwell is the former Michigan State recruiting staffer (bagman?) who is suing Michigan State and Mark Dantonio.)

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NUance said:

Ha ha!  Yeah!  Blagojevich is the Curtis Blackwell of the Democratic party.  (Curtis Blackwell is the former Michigan State recruiting staffer (bagman?) who is suing Michigan State and Mark Dantonio.)

Ha!

Pretty much!

Blago is dirty but for some reason, he is sort of liked in Chicago to a degree.  Maybe you live out there, I am not sure, but it is hard to explain.  

Now, he won't go after certain filth (Like Jesse Jackson, because Jesse will literally burn down the city, okay, not literally, when he is finally threatened)

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Ha!

Pretty much!

Blago is dirty but for some reason, he is sort of liked in Chicago to a degree.  Maybe you live out there, I am not sure, but it is hard to explain.  

Now, he won't go after certain filth (Like Jesse Jackson, because Jesse will literally burn down the city, okay, not literally, when he is finally threatened)

Ha ha!  I live in outstate Illinois.  Most of the folks out here would like to gift Chicago to Wisconsin.  Or to the bottom of Lake Michigan.  Chicago is ruining the state of Illinois for those of us who don't live there.   Wonderful pizza though!  

• Haha 1
Just now, NUance said:

Ha ha!  I live in outstate Illinois.  Most of the folks out here would like to gift Chicago to Wisconsin.  Or to the bottom of Lake Michigan.  Chicago is ruining the state of Illinois for those of us who don't live there.   Wonderful pizza though!  

It is AMAZING how poorly run that city is and has been since well...forever!

The whole "Alderman" thing is CRAZY!  My brother actually is trying to run for it!  Like this little "mini-king" of a tiny area...insane!

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But it was a Republican tgat got him out of jail. 

And you don't see the benefit to Republicans to release a guy in exchange for spilling a bunch of dirt on influential Democrats? Seems pretty straightforward. I mean Trump didn't pardon him out of generosity or concern for an imprisoned Democrat.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And you don't see the benefit to Republicans to release a guy in exchange for spilling a bunch of dirt on influential Democrats? Seems pretty straightforward. I mean Trump didn't pardon him out of generosity or concern for an imprisoned Democrat.

Exactly.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s my point. I agree. 

Trump pardoned Blagojevich 

1) So that when he pardons all his crooked buddies he can say, "Hey I do it for Dems, too!"

2) To desensitize the country to corruption and show that its not a big deal.

3) Because he will be a thorn in the side of Dems

In that order of priority. It is a calculated attempt to continue to advance his agenda. 

• Plus1 2