C-19: Who is Sick and Memorial to those who pass

Who is Sick  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought of this post after seeing  a post from one of our HB posters,   @Nebfanatic, mentioned his mom was ill with C-19

I wanted to create a thread where posters can tell us how C-19 is affecting them personally.  Do they have family members, close friends or others that they know personally who are ill.

Is the poster ill with C-19?  This is a place they can tell us about the situation and vent if needed or seek encouragement (hopefully we can be an encouragement) for their specific situation.

Also, we may all eventually know of someone personally who has died  because of C-19.  This could be a place where someone can share what this person meant to them

without of course giving away the personal information we all maintain on HB.   

I just wanted a place if someone needs to vent - they can do it here and not on one of the other threads where their grief may get lost in the news of the day.

We are all in this together and as a united humanity we should encourage and lift each other up and support each other as best we can on a message board like HB.  While

we may oppose each other politically at times, nothing transcends politics like a shared grief, concern, and desire for the best for our follow man.  (Ok Husker football also unites us all when politics divides - his is after all Husker Board). 

PS.  I realize the poll is just a snap shot in time. Hopefully votes can be changed if the situation changes.  I hope all votes are no and never have to be changed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

At this time I don't know anyone personally but I'm one step away - a friend of mine at work who is from Spain (lives in Spain) lost his closest friend of 40 years and his daughter's god-father last week.  He was greatly grieved by the experience. 

To be clear my mom was not confirmed with C19. She has a presumed case. I'm starting to get pretty upset at Regional West in Scottsbluff because they are still refusing to give her a test. She is being told what she experienced this morning was an anxiety attack but she does not think that's the case at all. I am dumbfounded as to why they would tell her she is just having anxiety days after she was diagnosed with a presumed case of COVID and is coming in because of an extreme coughing bout and weakness to the point she couldn't move and almost passed out. Not sure in what world anxiety is the first conclusion there but that's what they are saying. I'm hoping and praying they at least CAT scan her lungs 

• Plus1 3

A story of leaders of faith worldwide who have died

https://apnews.com/38cf1d543a51c062d51632620df6ee86

The Louisiana pastor who preached courage from his deathbed. The nun who always insisted that her order “get down to brass tacks,” and help people. The rabbi who made sure his students did not lack clothes or books.

Even as parishioners, followers and the faithful seek solace and strength from religious leaders in a time of pandemic, the list of those who have died includes more and more clergymen and women.

As of April 6, Avvenire, the newspaper of the Italian bishops’ conference listed 96 priests among the dead. The dreaded daily uptick is reflected worldwide as spiritual leaders in the Middle East, Europe and the U.S. are among the casualties.

800.jpeg

The Louisiana pastor who preached courage from his deathbed. The nun who always insisted that her order “get down to brass tacks,” and help people. The rabbi who made sure his students did not lack clothes or books.

Even as parishioners, followers and the faithful seek solace and strength from religious leaders in a time of pandemic, the list of those who have died includes more and more clergymen and women.

As of April 6, Avvenire, the newspaper of the Italian bishops’ conference listed 96 priests among the dead. The dreaded daily uptick is reflected worldwide as spiritual leaders in the Middle East, Europe and the U.S. are among the casualties.

Here are a few of the religious leaders who have died, leaving gaping holes in the fabric of faith.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I answered no to each of the questions.  However, I know people who have symptoms, are home quarantined but they won't test them.

Yep, I now know one person personally (next door neighbor) who has symptoms but to my knowledge he has not been tested. I suppose his fever could be the regular flu but I'm operating on the assumption that I might need to move :D

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I answered no to each of the questions.  However, I know people who have symptoms, are home quarantined but they won't test them.

Any way we can update our input? My initial response was no on all, but now my wife's boss (and boss's wife) are both confirmed positive tests...his symptoms have been pretty bad but not debilitating. 

Other answers are still no, and let's hope it stays that way...

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Any way we can update our input? My initial response was no on all, but now my wife's boss (and boss's wife) are both confirmed positive tests...his symptoms have been pretty bad but not debilitating. 

Other answers are still no, and let's hope it stays that way...

Click on "Show Vote Options".

• Plus1 1
On 4/14/2020 at 12:16 PM, JJ Husker said:

Yep, I now know one person personally (next door neighbor) who has symptoms but to my knowledge he has not been tested. I suppose his fever could be the regular flu but I'm operating on the assumption that I might need to move :D

Well this got a lot more serious. I just found out this morning that the next door neighbor recovered fairly quickly but his wife came down with it and she is in the hospital with pneumonia, fever and headaches. He was never tested but she has been confirmed with the Covid.

• Thanks 2