The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Chicago PD has roughly 15,000 officers. That's about the size of LaVista or Scottsbluff. Probably some bozos live in each of those two towns too...

Not excusing the dip$h*t...but I am sure he doesn't represent the majority. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Chicago PD has roughly 15,000 officers. That's about the size of LaVista or Scottsbluff. Probably some bozos live in each of those two towns too...

Not excusing the dip$h*t...but I am sure he doesn't represent the majority. 

True. But police officers have the authority to arrest and detain that the average citizen does not, so the standards should be significantly higher.

21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

True. But police officers have the authority to arrest and detain that the average citizen does not, so the standards should be significantly higher.

So were doctors, lawyers, officers in the Armed Services and I believe one sitting Judge...

Lots of professions where one might want "significantly higher standards" as well, right?

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

So were doctors, lawyers, officers in the Armed Services and I believe one sitting Judge...

Lots of professions where one might want "significantly higher standards" as well, right?

Yes, and we should report and talk about anyone in those professions that acts like this cop did.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Ah, thanks. I must have missed where you reported/posted those.

The idea that I shouldn't only posted about bad things cops have done is ridiculous. Start a thread about it if it's important to you.

But I think you're just interested in trying to downplay the actions by cops in this thread.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The idea that I shouldn't only posted about bad things cops have done is ridiculous. Start a thread about it if it's important to you.

But I think you're just interested in trying to downplay the actions by cops in this thread.

Absolutely not trying to downplay the bad actions by individual cops in this thread. I am, and will, continue to point out that the actions of a fraction do not represent the whole. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Absolutely not trying to downplay the bad actions by individual cops in this thread. I am, and will, continue to point out that the actions of a fraction do not represent the whole. 

Your first post in response sure, but then why the one about other professions? That's not about fractions representing the whole.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Your first post in response sure, but then why the one about other professions? That's not about fractions representing the whole.

Because you haven't reported/posted about any of those professions, only about law enforcement personnel. If  you want to educate everyone on how the actors on Jan 6th are dangerous for the Nation, shouldn't you point out the professions of all involved? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Because you haven't reported/posted about any of those professions, only about law enforcement personnel. If  you want to educate everyone on how the actors on Jan 6th are dangerous for the Nation, shouldn't you point out the professions of all involved? 

This is the weirdest deflection I've seen in a while. And that's saying something. 

In a thread about police conduct, you're complaining that other professions aren't being called out for their part in the January insurrection, but police are? 

2sotwy.jpg

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

No, I'm pointing out and discussing the actions of police officers. Like I said, feel free to create a thread and discuss the actions of those professions, but you're not really interested in that, I suspect.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It appears you have not viewed the documentary Police Academy 4:  Citizens on Patrol