Police Reform

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

On top of the shootings, there was also a reported rape (which I had not heard about) in addition to tons of other reports of burglary and vandalism.

I can understand and even respect what the honest protesters there are trying to do, but the dynamics of the situation are also harboring and enabling violent crime.

How can that be??  Ha

So, they were elitist, segregests, rapists, shooters, murderers, thieves and vandals.  They believed in having a gated community where they decided who could and could come in and they wanted to make up their own rules, that they did not even follow...and they also begged for free stuff.

No wonder they don't want cops around.

And really, a lot of this is on the hands of the Mayor who was trying to be a badass and let this go on to give a big FU to Trump.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe the ordered the Windex Shake?

Sure, if the cops had gotten sick, but they didn't. The police leadership put out public information about "poisoning" police officers that was factually wrong. So either they outright lied or they didn't investigate and get the facts straight before making public accusations.

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

"Investigators believe a cleaning solution used to clean the milkshake machines wasn't fully cleared and may have gotten into the officers' drinks."

I worked fast food years and years ago...I did a s#!t job cleaning the stuff...

I remember one time there two dudes came through the drive-thru and got their drinks and he was like "Which one is the diet" and I was like "Oh, sorry, I don't remember" and he was like "This isn't funny, my friend here is a diabetic!"

We also got the classic (this was a chicken place) "Hi, yes, do you have breasts?  You do?  How big are they?"  Hahahaha

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

"Investigators believe a cleaning solution used to clean the milkshake machines wasn't fully cleared and may have gotten into the officers' drinks."

That story has been debunked since it turns out no officers were sick and the police brass and union were lying.

Stop taking the police solely at their word

A narrative falsely accusing Shake Shack employees of poisoning New York City police officers with bleach was apparently an act of fast-moving misinformation perpetrated by senior officers and union representatives.

The fact that these lies came from law enforcement — and contributed to a dangerous false narrative that spread widely — should give us pause about just how much credence the word of "authorities" should automatically be given. That applies to the courtroom and the news media.

But before allowing their own NYPD colleagues a few hours to conduct a proper investigation, a lieutenant in the Bronx reportedly emailed several NYPD unions alleging that six cops "started throwing up" after drinking Shake Shack milkshakes.

The police unions jumped into action, propagating lies that contributed to an all-too-easy-to-believe narrative for people who believe cops are under siege.

They may have snowballed the fake "we got poisoned" narrative, but it was not just blue skied...which returns us to the improper cleaning or left over cleaning solution on the equipment. From your own NYPost article: 

"Soon after sipping the shakes, however, the cops realized they didn’t taste or smell right, so they threw the drinks in the trash and alerted a manager, who apologized and issued them vouchers for free food or drink, which they accepted, according to sources."

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

They may have snowballed the fake "we got poisoned" narrative, but it was not just blue skied...From your own NYPost article: 

"Soon after sipping the shakes, however, the cops realized they didn’t taste or smell right, so they threw the drinks in the trash and alerted a manager, who apologized and issued them vouchers for free food or drink, which they accepted, according to sources."

That's your take away? Who gives a sh#t if the shakes tasted good or not. The police lied about being poisoned.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

That's your take away? Who gives a sh#t if the shakes tasted good or not. The police lied about being poisoned.

And I said they did...I also said it wasn't like they pulled it out of their a$$. There was cleaning solution left over from the machine in their drinks. Your take is that they lied from the beginning, and your take is false. 

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I think there was an independent investigation last week that showed no intent. It was a mix-up with cleaning procedures.

The part I'm questioning is in the tweet I posted it claimed they never were even sick and had no symptoms.  It was made up by the NYPD.

• Plus1 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

And I said they did...I also said it wasn't like they pulled it out of their a$$. There was cleaning solution left over from the machine in their drinks. Your take is that they lied from the beginning, and your take is false. 

The police said officers had been poisoned. That was clearly a lie. In fact, initially an officer claimed 6 officers had been poisoned and were throwing up. From the article I linked above:

But before allowing their own NYPD colleagues a few hours to conduct a proper investigation, a lieutenant in the Bronx reportedly emailed several NYPD unions alleging that six cops "started throwing up" after drinking Shake Shack milkshakes.

More from that article:

The fake story went like this: The cops were on a protest detail in lower Manhattan and went to a Shake Shack where "a toxic substance, believed to be bleach, had been placed in their beverages," as the Police Benevolent Association's president, Pat Lynch, put it in a statement on Twitter — since deleted, but archived here.

Lynch added that the three officers (who never developed symptoms) were "at the hospital receiving treatment and are expected to recover."

In another since-deleted tweet, the Detectives' Endowment Association's president, Paul DiGiacomo, wrote that the officers had been "intentionally poisoned by one or more workers" and that "after tasting the milkshakes they purchased they became ill." DiGiacomo added that this was evidence the police were "under attack."

In fact, the story was bunk from the start. The officers ordered their drinks ahead of time with a mobile app, and they were packaged and waiting for pickup when they arrived. Shake Shack employees would have had no way to know they were serving cops.

Here's the Police Benevolent Association's archived tweet (since deleted):

https://web.archive.org/web/20200616025837/https://twitter.com/NYCPBA/status/1272722470492143618

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Right, but they didn't get poisoned...which was the story.  It doesn't matter if they got a free shake out of it or it didn't taste normal.

I get a free tall Starbucks Pike when mine doesn't taste right...but I don't claim I got poisoned.

What you're attempting to do is remove the emphasis of THEY LIED and place it onto "well, they told a halfway truth because something tasted funny to them and they got a new one" and that's just BS brother.  These guys are supposed to have integrity and be the custodians of citizen rights and laws.  How do we trust them if they're lying their asses off?

But it does matter. They lied. But their lie was based on the fact that they tasted cleaning solution in their drinks. They didn't wake up that morning and say "let's f&ck with Shake Shack today." 

It is just like the Bubba Wallace deal.

Was there a "noose/loop" in his stall? Yes. Was it a racist act directed at him? No.

Was there cleaning solution in their drink? Yes. Was it an ACAB moment directed at them? No

I get it, you have lots of time on your hands and hate cops. But don't spin every situation towards your agenda. 

• Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

They may have snowballed the fake "we got poisoned" narrative, but it was not just blue skied...which returns us to the improper cleaning or left over cleaning solution on the equipment. From your own NYPost article: 

I stopped at the ice cream shop in Thedford a few years ago and ordered a chocolate cone.  When i stepped outside and took my first lick, it was clear that the ice cream had spoiled and tasted horrible.  I didn't throw it in the trash because I felt I needed to give it back to them if they wanted proof it was bad...or maybe show them why it's bad.  

Oh well...we all agree they lied.