Police Reform

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I stopped at the ice cream shop in Thedford a few years ago and ordered a chocolate cone.  When i stepped outside and took my first lick, it was clear that the ice cream had spoiled and tasted horrible.  I didn't throw it in the trash because I felt I needed to give it back to them if they wanted proof it was bad...or maybe show them why it's bad.  

Oh well...we all agree they lied.  

Ice cream can spoil?  Is that true?

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

But it does matter. They lied. But their lie was based on the fact that they tasted cleaning solution in their drinks. They didn't wake up that morning and say "let's f&ck with Shake Shack today." 

What's the real difference between

"Hey our drinks taste a little funny, thanks for fixing them and getting us new ones. Let's lie about being poisoned and getting sick from this."

vs

"Hey shake shack hasn't done anything wrong at all and these smoothes taste good. Let's lie about being poisoned and getting sick from this."

• Plus1 1

If I was a cop in the climate of today...and I ordered something and it tasted at all funny...I would be paranoid.  I don't think I would think "POISON" But I would be thinking..."My god...which little a$$h@!e jizzed in this"

Also, anyone that has worked fast food knows about some of the s#!t that goes on...

Just like Bubba Wallace was paranoid about the knot, I would have been too.  It makes sense to me.

Also...as a teacher, I have gotten food gifts before...and from certain students, I just toss them away.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If I was a cop in the climate of today...and I ordered something and it tasted at all funny...I would be paranoid.  I don't think I would think "POISON" But I would be thinking..."My god...which little a$$h@!e jizzed in this"

Also, anyone that has worked fast food knows about some of the s#!t that goes on...

Just like Bubba Wallace was paranoid about the knot, I would have been too.  It makes sense to me.

Also...as a teacher, I have gotten food gifts before...and from certain students, I just toss them away.

Sure. And the cops that were getting the shakes acted fine; they were very reasonable in asking for a refund/voucher. It's the police leadership that made up stuff that's the issue.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Sure. And the cops that were getting the shakes acted fine; they were very reasonable in asking for a refund/voucher. It's the police leadership that made up stuff that's the issue.

I am such a sissy I don't even ask for refunds!  I am the worst at bringing things back to the store...like the 17 year old worker at Target is going to be personally offended or something.

Revealed: police unions spend millions to influence policy in biggest US cities

Police unions and officers active in America’s three largest cities spend tens of millions of dollars annually to influence law enforcement policy and thwart pushes for reform, a Guardian analysis of local, county, state and federal campaign finance records found.

Reform advocates say the spending partly explains why police unions have defeated most reform measures in recent years, even as high-profile police killings of unarmed black men sparked waves of public outrage including the current national demonstrations against racism sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The Guardian identified about $87m in local and state spending over the last two decades by the unions. That includes at least $64.8m in Los Angeles, $19.2m in New York City and $3.5m in Chicago. Records show that most spending occurred during the last 10 years as contributions and lobbying dramatically increased in most jurisdictions.

At the federal level, police officers and their unions have spent at least $47.3m on campaign contributions and lobbying in recent election cycles, according to Maplight data and US Senate and US House records.