Police Reform

9 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

We're talking about two different points in time in this thread with two different outcomes of the conversation.

I didn't mention my percentage (which obviously was a guess and not a fact) until recently.  I mentioned my definition of what a bad cop was near the beginning of this thread.

Once again, you were part of both conversations...so why are you acting like you don't understand the passage of time and different conversations?

Because I never saw anyone disagree with your assertion that cops who see other cops do bad stuff and say nothing are also bad cops.

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Moundsville, WV is a town of 8,400 people. It last had a murder in 2011 and has had a declining rate of violent crime over the past four years. It's kinda sandwiched between Ohio & Pennsylvania in that little neck of West Virginia there. It's not near any other major population centers. Why in the world would they think they need this kind of vehicle? 

The 1033 Program needs to end, or at least be severely curtailed.

• Plus1 1

I don't know how it works for them but my buddy sort of deals with "what should I get" issues.  Basically his companies finance guy calls him up once a year and says "you got 10,000 to spend, what do you need?" and he usually says, "nothing really" and the guy goes "Well, if you don't spend it, it goes away and you get 10K again next year, so use it or lose it"

Then he starts ordering s#!t for his department. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Moundsville, WV is a town of 8,400 people. It last had a murder in 2011 and has had a declining rate of violent crime over the past four years. It's kinda sandwiched between Ohio & Pennsylvania in that little neck of West Virginia there. It's not near any other major population centers. Why in the world would they think they need this kind of vehicle? 

On a related note, what are guns gonna do against police/military that has something like this? Maybe there should be a disarmament treaty between the police and civilians.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

C'mon man, that's cool! I want one :thumbs

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

C'mon man, that's cool! I want one :thumbs

What if a person intent on keeping you subjugated and without access to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness had one? Would you still be so eager for these things to be out there?

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What if a person intent on keeping you subjugated and without access to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness had one? Would you still be so eager for these things to be out there?

Just a laffer. A bit of levity.

• Fire 1
13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

On a related note, what are guns gonna do against police/military that has something like this? Maybe there should be a disarmament treaty between the police and civilians.

This would be great.  But, do "bad guys" give up their guns?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

So they prevented them from going into the zone to converse with the victims on the crime because the victims were already at the hospital.

Good to know.

Seems ultimately evil.

But how could this have happened is the question… These people all have the same exact beliefs…

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

So they prevented them from going into the zone to converse with the victims on the crime because the victims were already at the hospital.

Good to know.

Seems ultimately evil.

I doubt most (if any) of the protesters knew the shooting victims had been transported. They were likely blocking police and paramedics simply to block them.

Sounds like there was another shooting last night/overnight, too.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1