The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when conservatives hated Rosanne for butchering the national anthem and following with an "up your a$$" hand gesture? 

I remember when everyone hated her for that.

If she did that today she would be treated like a hero by a lot of people.

Best thing she ever did was give Tom Arnold a break (and divorce him), he should have won an oscar for True Lies.

• Oh Yeah! 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In case you wanted to check in on the rally for the guy who's the preferred candidate of Republicans. 

HILLARY WAS RIGHT  - DEPLORABLES!

Speaking of Hillary:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/hitler-was-duly-elected-hillary-clinton-goes-there-warning-about-a-second-trump-term-on-the-view/

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went there while warning The View hosts about a second Trump term, comparing ex-President Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler in fairly direct terms.

On Wednesday’s edition of ABC’s The View, co-host Sunny Hostin asked Sec. Clinton what a second Trump term would look like, and Clinton called that prospect “almost unimaginable.”

Clinton went on to compare and contrast Trump with Hitler, the key difference being Hitler didn’t “telegraph” his intentions:

SUNNY HOSTIN: I think that your loss of Trump in 2016 will go down in history as one of the most pivotal times in our country. One of the most pivotal moments in our country. And it’s still reeling from, you know, Trump’s policies, I think, and the deep divisions that he sowed in this country. So what in your view, would happen if he were to be reelected?

SEC. HILLARY CLINTON: Oh, I can’t even, I can’t even think that because I think it would be the end of our country as we know it. And I don’t say that lightly.

You know, I hated losing, and I especially hated losing to him because I had seen so many warning signals during the campaign. But I immediately said, look, we have to give him a chance. We’ve got to support, you know, the president we have. And I meant it. And I tried really hard.

And then literally from his inauguration on, it was nothing but, you know, accusing people of things, making up facts, denying the size of the crowd at his own inauguration. And everything that I worried about, I saw unfolding.

I think that he’d be even worse now because he was somewhat restrained, believe it or not, and, in the first term by people who he hired because he thought they would go along with him and they stood up to him.

And so now he is going to if he were ever near the Oval Office again, find people who have no principles, no conscience, who are totally tied, you know, to his fortunes literally, and therefore would do whatever he said.

So the the wreckage is almost unimaginable. You know, when I was secretary of state, I used to talk about one and done. And what I meant by that is that people would get legitimately elected, and then they would try to do away with elections and do away with opposition and do away with a free press.

And you could see it in countries where, well, Hitler was duly elected! (That’s right. Right.) And so all of a sudden, somebody with those tendencies, so dictatorial authoritarian tendencies would be like, “Oh, okay, we’re going to shut this down. We’re going to throw these people in jail.”

They didn’t usually telegraph that. Trump is telling us what he intends to do!

SUNNY HOSTIN: Need to listen to that!

SEC. HILLARY CLINTON: So listen, take him at his word. The man means to throw people in jail who disagree with him, shut down legitimate press outlets, do what he can to literally undermine the rule of law and our country’s values.

JOY BEHAR: He will use the military to stop protesters.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: He’s going to do it– He’s not going to do a whole bunch of stuff right now. Well, not right now. Well, no, not right yet. But we’ll find out what more we think can go on when we come back.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Haley is growing on me. Ramaswamy is a used car salesman.

Haley once again mixed it up with Vivek Ramaswamy, who accused her of being "d!(k Cheney in 3-inch heels."

"I'd first like to say they're 5-inch heels, and I don't wear them unless you can run in them," Haley shot back.

The two also sparred after Ramaswamy brought Haley’s adult daughter into a discussion about TikTok, accusing Haley of hypocrisy as she preaches the dangers of the Chinese social media app.

"Leave my daughter out of your voice," she said, before following up with, "You’re just scum."
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think he dropped out?  Maybe he means after this election?

No he hasn't dropped out and he expects to be in the next debate in Dec - although he barely qualified for the one last night. 

8 minutes ago, nic said:

Haley is growing on me. Ramaswamy is a used car salesman.

Agree - Ramas is a very bad used car salesman

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No he hasn't dropped out and he expects to be in the next debate in Dec - although he barely qualified for the one last night. 

Agree - Ramas is a very bad used car salesman

So are the Krassenstein brothers and people are staring to realize they are leaches.  

And good for Tim Scott!  He is a good choice!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And good for Tim Scott! 

Perhaps the nicest guy to ever run for president this century for sure.  Complete opposite of trump.  He did give some very thoughtful answers last night.  I don't think he will catch fire - neither will Christie   - who also pretty much played nice last night.  

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

We've seen this movie before and it helped usher in Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4302594-jill-stein-2024-bid-green-party/

Jill Stein announced a surprise presidential bid Thursday, seeking the Green Party’s 2024 nomination.

Stein, a physician who ran against Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016 as the Green Party’s nominee, previewed her latest run for the White House on social media and unveiled an accompanying website. 

An official launch is slated for later this month.

“Our democracy is on life support,” Stein wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, previewing a Nov. 21 campaign kickoff.

“Belief in our political system is at historic lows and the number of Americans who feel that neither establishment party represents them is at a record high. We need real choices on the ballot, because without freedom of choice in elections, there is no democracy. It’s time to revive the promise of democracy.”

Stein wrote on her website that she is entering the presidential race “to offer people a choice outside the failed two-party system, so we can put a pro-worker, anti-war, climate emergency agenda front and center in this election and on the ballot in November.”

Haley gets another big bump after the last debate.    I suspect she will be in the driver's seat after Iowa and NH - even if trump wins both - he will be convicted in a few months and it would be suicidal for the GOP to continue with him on top.   I can see Chris Christi throwing his support behind her after NH- he has supported her several times in the debates when she was attacked by the child on stage.  I would not be surprised to see him on the ticket as VP under Haley - wild speculation at this point I know. 

If Haley creates a huge divide between her and the other debaters after Iowa and NH, the others need to consolidate their support under her to get trump out of the race. 

Of course VR, aka the child, won't and DeSantis may hold out longer.  If it appears SC will go big for Haley, then I think Tim Scott would be wise to bow out early to save face. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/our-republican-debate-poll-finds-nikki-haley-won/ar-AA1jFFnl

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election