The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

I feel like I'm shouting into the void when I say how horrifically bad of an idea this is. 

Any other candidate loses the incumbency advantage sitting Presidents have. Losing 2-3% in a race likely to be decided by a few thousand votes across a handful of swing states is crazy.

There are no other options, any other candidates loses the incumbency advantage and won't make up the ground since it's impossible to win the 48% of voters that are going to vote for Trump no matter what. 

I’m not sure we can apply what happened in previous elections to this one. The circumstances are too different. 

• TBH 1

45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m not sure we can apply what happened in previous elections to this one. The circumstances are too different. 

Every election is different. The incumbency advantage is consistent amongst nearly all elections over time. It's weaker than it used to be, but it's still important. 

Trumps approval rating in October of 2019 was 38%, similar to Biden's numbers now. And if he wasn't a moron who told his horde of believers not to vote by mail he probably wins reelection despite the Pandemic and his host of personal issues.

The reality is that all Presidents are going to be unpopular. The coalition of Democrats are more diverse and depress their candidates numbers even more. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Just a reminder that this thread is a poll, and among the 25 respondents there are still zero who plan to vote for Trump in the primary.

Yet we all know Trump will win the primaries handily, and roughly 30% of Americans consider him a literal gift from God.

Are some folks just not telling the truth, or does half the electorate simply avoid the HuskerBoard P&R threads? 

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just a reminder that this thread is a poll, and among the 25 respondents there are still zero who plan to vote for Trump in the primary.

Yet we all know Trump will win the primaries handily, and roughly 30% of Americans consider him a literal gift from God.

Are some folks just not telling the truth, or does half the electorate simply avoid the HuskerBoard P&R threads? 

Well, surprisingly since this is a Nebraska board, we have had very few actual Trump fans on here.  The one regular has stated multiple times that he won't vote for him again.  I can think of probably one other that, I would not be surprised, if he WOULD still vote for him.  But, I haven't seen him on this board for a long time.

PS...I dont' even remember who currently has my vote in the poll.  I went through the list thinking I would just revote.....I couldn't commit to any of them.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election