The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.

One of the governors need to throw there hat in the ring soon.  Someone needs to convince Biden not to run. He's done his part.  He took down Trump - that saved the country from going over the edge.   Time for new YOUNGER leadership.  

• TBH 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-liz-cheney-might-run-for-president/ar-AA1iHjOX?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=9dd1246e81e04bc2947c1b82287811c9&ei=32

Speaking on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, Cheney, the daughter of former vice-president d!(k Cheney, expressed her concerns, saying, "He cannot be the next president because if he is, all of the things that he attempted to do but was stopped from doing by responsible people … he will do." She added, "There will be no guardrails. And everyone has been left warned."

Cheney also suggested that she would not rule out joining the crowded field of presidential hopefuls aiming to challenge President Joe Biden in the 2024 election

So you're saying there's a chance - Imgflip

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if she would run with the only purpose to siphon votes away from Trump to ensure someone besides Trump wins.

She is staunchly conservative, and left leaning folks better be careful of flirting with the idea.  But she also deeply cares for the nation and knows that any "damage" from a Dem POTUS will go through proper channels and can be rectified through proper channels.  The "DAMAGE" that Trump or someone like him, is far beyond the scope of policy.  It's letting the system delve deeper into chaos and eventually uncontrollable or useful.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I wonder if she would run with the only purpose to siphon votes away from Trump to ensure someone besides Trump wins.

She is staunchly conservative, and left leaning folks better be careful of flirting with the idea.  But she also deeply cares for the nation and knows that any "damage" from a Dem POTUS will go through proper channels and can be rectified through proper channels.  The "DAMAGE" that Trump or someone like him, is far beyond the scope of policy.  It's letting the system delve deeper into chaos and eventually uncontrollable or useful.

Exactly how I feel and have note here before -  I'd rather elect someone I disagree with politically but who is both capable and is a person of character than someone closer to my views but is void of character and in trump's case is a wolf in sheep clothing.   You can always fix the former, but the latter is a whole different matter. 

But I really wonder if she would hurt trump vote wise as people who would vote for her would probably not vote for trump - unless she runs just for the opportunity to air ads that would attack him directly - put a PAC could do that as well.  

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I"m not sure she would siphon very many votes from Trump.  Anyone still on the Trump train despises her with a passion.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, TGHusker said:

One of the governors need to throw there hat in the ring soon.  Someone needs to convince Biden not to run. He's done his part.  He took down Trump - that saved the country from going over the edge.   Time for new YOUNGER leadership.  

I feel like I'm shouting into the void when I say how horrifically bad of an idea this is. 

Any other candidate loses the incumbency advantage sitting Presidents have. Losing 2-3% in a race likely to be decided by a few thousand votes across a handful of swing states is crazy.

There are no other options, any other candidates loses the incumbency advantage and won't make up the ground since it's impossible to win the 48% of voters that are going to vote for Trump no matter what. 

• TBH 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I feel like I'm shouting into the void when I say how horrifically bad of an idea this is. 

Any other candidate loses the incumbency advantage sitting Presidents have. Losing 2-3% in a race likely to be decided by a few thousand votes across a handful of swing states is crazy.

There are no other options, any other candidates loses the incumbency advantage and won't make up the ground since it's impossible to win the 48% of voters that are going to vote for Trump no matter what. 

I appreciate what you are saying but I got to think any competent person will beat trump after the trials are done.  I think too many crossover GOP voters will have a hard time voting for a 80 year old Biden. Never before have we had an incumbent that old. 

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I appreciate what you are saying but I got to think any competent person will beat trump after the trials are done.  I think too many crossover GOP voters will have a hard time voting for a 80 year old Biden. Never before have we had an incumbent that old. 

I don't know, there's nothing about the job performance impacted by his age thus far. 

And the GOP has massive Electoral College advantages. They have favorable metrics no matter who they run. I'm not sure what Democratic candidate can successfully unify the fractured coalition that makes up the Democratic Party, while simultaneously overcoming the lost incumbency advantage and the systemic advantages a Republican candidate will have. It seems impossible. Maybe a John Fetterman could do it or Whitmer. 

Democrats would have to find a candidate, unify behind them, not run a primary because they'd have to be unopposed, and start a fundraising operation immediately. It seems really hard, and it's why Democrats aren't doing it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election