The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

A person knows if they have been raped.  I hate it when some try to turn the tables on a victim.  I believe it would be in her best interest and society's  best interest that she file a police report, but it should be left to her to decide.   There are a lot of big emotions going on at that time - she needs the best counsel she can get to help her with the next steps. 

Soooo, yes?  You would be okay with just marking “private”

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well there we go!  

You and I agree.  Abortion should be legal and there needs to be no reason given because it should be private.  

You don't see people agree often here, when they start so far apart, but we did it.

I may have more restraints then you on the time period as I do consider the 'fetus' to be a unique life in itself.     As I've said before, if we can throw away the red meat political emotions and party promoting motivations, reasonable people can come to reasonable conclusions.  

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I may have more restraints then you on the time period as I do consider the 'fetus' to be a unique life in itself.     As I've said before, if we can throw away the red meat political emotions and party promoting motivations, reasonable people can come to reasonable conclusions.  

Agreed!

Look even if we had 24/7/365 free abortion clinics where you could get an abortion up to 9 months...the rate of abortions would go up sooooo little that we would not even notice, not at all.

That is why it should never go away and it should be super easy to arrange.  There seems to be this fear (not by you) that girls are getting or will be getting abortions for fun...like having abortion parties. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Agreed!

Look even if we had 24/7/365 free abortion clinics where you could get an abortion up to 9 months...the rate of abortions would go up sooooo little that we would not even notice, not at all.

That is why it should never go away and it should be super easy to arrange.  There seems to be this fear (not by you) that girls are getting or will be getting abortions for fun...like having abortion parties. 

No most are in crisis.  I support crisis pregnancy centers who do a good work during child bearing, birth, and afterwards - a wholistic approach  - for those who wish to keep the child. 

Trump won't show up at the debate at the Reagan Library.  His feelings got hurt.  

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/09/22/ronald-reagan-library-donald-trump-feud-00116983

Spoiled Brat in a Sandbox’: Inside the Feud Between Donald Trump and the Reagan Library

There’s more than one reason the ex-president doesn’t want to attend the GOP debate at the Reagan presidential library.

On one side of the country, Donald Trump was airing his vision of a “lost” and weakened “nation in decline.” On the other — just days before a debate at the Reagan Library here that Trump is not expected to attend — keepers of Ronald Reagan’s  flame were calling Trump a “spoiled brat in a sandbox,” or “Voldemort.” .In the post-Trump era, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, which helps sustain the Reagan Library, has served as a platform for some of Trump’s sharpest critics in the GOP. Following Trump’s loss in 2020, it launched a marquee, two-year-long speaker series called “A Time for Choosing,” drawing from Reagan’s iconic 1964 address of the same name and envisioning a “fresh look — through reasoned, intellectual discussion — at the issues, ideas and policies that will define the Republican Party for decades to come.” It invited Trump antagonists like former Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, former Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska and former Gov. Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas to speak

One member of the foundation’s board of trustees, granted anonymity to discuss internal foundation matters, called Trump a “spoiled brat in a sandbox.” “So many of the things that Trump did, and what he stood for, are just not consistent with the Reagan philosophy,” the board member said.

“I wouldn’t want to condone what Trump had done by inviting him to speak,” this trustee said. “That would be sort of an acceptance of his behavior over the years.”

For at least some members of the board, the adviser told me, Trump “drives them nuts.”

“The legacy of Reagan, fair or unfair, right or wrong, was ‘shining city on a hill’ — upbeat and positive and have a beer with Tip O’Neill,” the adviser said. “And Trump is Voldemort. He was the opposite. He wanted to burn everything to the ground, attack people.”

It’s that choice, as much as any policy distinction between candidates, that Republicans are making in the run-up to 2024. It’s the tension between a sunnier brand of conservatism and the more menacing, grievance-fueled politics of Trump. It’s the difference between a former president who, upon announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis, wrote, “I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead,” and a former president who has cast his election as the “final battle” to reclaim a country that is “rigged, crooked, and evil.”

• TBH 1

29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That poll is trash.   RV’s not LV’s and no other poll is close to those results 

That poll would equate to a 400 Electoral College victory and super majorities in both the House and Senate, which is unlikely unless the economy enters a massive recession next summer. 

More likely, the polls are going to indicate a political environment where Republicans have a ~50% chance to win going forward. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

That poll would equate to a 400 Electoral College victory and super majorities in both the House and Senate, which is unlikely unless the economy enters a massive recession next summer. 

More likely, the polls are going to indicate a political environment where Republicans have a ~50% chance to win going forward. 

I agree, it would take something massive for Joe to not win.  

Maybe 6 dollar a gallon gas??

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election