The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

What's the moderate position between "its murder" and "it's not murder"?

If a person insists to keep it "black and white", I would only ask them if they ever feel like killing a human is justified.

Almost everyone would make an exception that not all human killings are considered murder.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

She needs to run.  At least she is telling the truth about the leader of the insurrection.

1695202287570.png?w=1920

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/20/liz-cheney-book-cover-new

Here's a first look at the cover of "Oath and Honor" — billed as a memoir and "urgent warning" — coming Dec. 5 from former congresswoman Liz Cheney, who was vice chair and a driving force of the House Jan. 6 committee.

Why it matters: Cheney's account will be published a month before GOP caucuses in Iowa, where former President Trump is the formidable favorite — and three months before the scheduled D.C. trial date for Trump on federal charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election.

What they're saying: Cheney's publisher calls the 384-page book a "gripping first-hand account from inside the halls of Congress as Donald Trump and his enablers betrayed the American people and the Constitution ... by the House Republican leader who dared to stand up to it."

• Cheney, a former member of the House GOP leadership team, was stripped of her role because of "her stand against the January 6th insurrection," which "led to her defeat in the 2022 primary election," the publisher says.
  • "In Oath and Honor, she tells the story of this perilous moment in our history, those who helped Trump spread the stolen election lie, those whose actions preserved our constitutional framework, and the risks we still face," the publisher writes.
  • Cheney was one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach Trump following the attack on the Capitol, making her a top target of the former president's ire. She lost her Wyoming primary race to now-Rep. Harriet Hageman, who had Trump's support.

•  
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
22 hours ago, TGHusker said:

rape and incest & no late term abortions unless the life of the mother is at risk

If you are a dude you should have zero say in anything about abortion unless you say "Abortion is 100% legal and totally up to the female"

That is it, that is the only stance a dude can have on that topic.  Sucks, I know, but that is the only logical stance a dude can have on it.

• TBH 2

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

If you are a dude you should have zero say in anything about abortion unless you say "Abortion is 100% legal and totally up to the female"

That is it, that is the only stance a dude can have on that topic.  Sucks, I know, but that is the only logical stance a dude can have on it.

:dis  If I believe that the unborn child is more than tissue but a baby being developed, (and I do believe that) then every person - me, you and the whole society has a stake in the discussion.  

There are dudes who are fathers of those babies as well.  Do I as a dude or does Sally as a lady dude have a voice in the marketplace of political ideas and policy - yes. We all have a stake in this society.  And if some of us (the majority) believe that the unborn need to be protected in some fashion and their right to life preserved, then we will speak up unashamedly.  To that I will add - that yes - the mother is the primary stakeholder.  If her life is in danger, then this is a decision between her and the doctor.  Rape & incest are other exceptions.  Again - should be up to the mother.  Other limits are debatable.  

Should all dudes and dudettes have a voice in child trafficking.  Yes.  Immigration issues?  Yes.   Those kids being trafficking aren't related to me.  Those immigrants aren't related to me - but yet for the good of society I will speak up about those issues.  Our society must protect the most vulnerable.   The child in the womb is in that class. 

• TBH 2
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:dis  If I believe that the unborn child is more than tissue but a baby being developed, (and I do believe that) then every person - me, you and the whole society has a stake in the discussion.  

There are dudes who are fathers of those babies as well.  Do I as a dude or does Sally as a lady dude have a voice in the marketplace of political ideas and policy - yes. We all have a stake in this society.  And if some of us (the majority) believe that the unborn need to be protected in some fashion and their right to life preserved, then we will speak up unashamedly.  To that I will add - that yes - the mother is the primary stakeholder.  If her life is in danger, then this is a decision between her and the doctor.  Rape & incest are other exceptions.  Again - should be up to the mother.  Other limits are debatable.  

Should all dudes and dudettes have a voice in child trafficking.  Yes.  Immigration issues?  Yes.   Those kids being trafficking aren't related to me.  Those immigrants aren't related to me - but yet for the good of society I will speak up about those issues.  Our society must protect the most vulnerable.   The child in the womb is in that class. 

I can appreciate your passion but I can't agree.  The idea that YOU could tell a 14 year old girl who had sex and got pregnant and that she now HAD TO CARRY A BABY FOR 9 MONTHS and then she had to decide what to do with that kid after it was born.  That is crazy talk, which you know, but you are passionate about it and that is awesome, it just clouds your judgement, as it should.

This is a one gender issue OR since dudes can be girls, it is a pregnant person issue only.

And you don't need to agree with me, abortion is always going to happen, no matter what guys want to happen.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, teachercd said:

The idea that YOU could tell a 14 year old girl who had sex and got pregnant and that she now HAD TO CARRY A BABY FOR 9 MONTHS and then she had to decide what to do with that kid after it was born. 

Teach - did I say that??  Of course I didn't and neither was it implied.  So don't go ballistic on me.   No, I do not believe a 14 year old should bare the weight of that decision.  I was greatly bothered by that Indiana rape situation of a 14 year old. And we've heard other situations recently - I believe in Texas or Alabama.   Again - READ my posts -  I have attacked  the draconian laws that today's GOP is enacting in the reddest of the red states - including my own Oklahoma.    I do agree with your last statement - abortion will happen..  It shouldn't be used as birth control.  Thus common sense guidelines should be applied.  No Crazy:blink:Talk with me.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Teach - did I say that??  Of course I didn't and neither was it implied.  So don't go ballistic on me.   No, I do not believe a 14 year old should bare the weight of that decision.  I was greatly bothered by that Indiana rape situation of a 14 year old. And we've heard other situations recently - I believe in Texas or Alabama.   Again - READ my posts -  I have attacked  the draconian laws that today's GOP is enacting in the reddest of the red states - including my own Oklahoma.    I do agree with your last statement - abortion will happen..  It shouldn't be used as birth control.  Thus common sense guidelines should be applied.  No Crazy:blink:Talk with me.  

It is not used a BC, it just isn't.

On the  "Abortion only if raped" card would you be okay with that being used and all the girl has to do is check a box, saying she wants the abortion for "private" reasons, with no questions asked, no proof needed, no arrest, no trial, no nothing, just her checking the box that the reason she wants the abortion is "Private"

Would you be okay with that?

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is not used a BC, it just isn't.

On the  "Abortion only if raped" card would you be okay with that being used and all the girl has to do is check a box, saying she wants the abortion for "private" reasons, with no questions asked, no proof needed, no arrest, no trial, no nothing, just her checking the box that the reason she wants the abortion is "Private"

Would you be okay with that?

I don't follow or understand what you are trying to say with the underlined portion above.

Regarding the bold:  Yes - Under certain circumstances & time restraints.  I don't agree with the very restrictive 6 week laws that some states are passing.  Those are 'Gotcha" laws.   Abortion should be restricted when the baby can feel pain.  By then, the girl or woman will have known the situation and will have a decision to make.   There are also issues of grave deformities and complications as well as the mother's physical health issue that she and the doctor must discuss.  Regardless, she should be fully informed about the risks of abortion and the development of the child so that she can make an informed decision.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I don't follow or understand what you are trying to say with the underlined portion above.

Regarding the bold:  Yes - Under certain circumstances & time restraints.  I don't agree with the very restrictive 6 week laws that some states are passing.  Those are 'Gotcha" laws.   Abortion should be restricted when the baby can feel pain.  By then, the girl or woman will have known the situation and will have a decision to make.   There are also issues of grave deformities and complications as well as the mother's physical health issue that she and the doctor must discuss.  Regardless, she should be fully informed about the risks of abortion and the development of the child so that she can make an informed decision.  

Let me say it differently.

You are okay with abortion in rape cases.  A super super sensitive topic for all women and some men but in this case, we are just talking about people that can get pregnant.

Would you support 100% legalize abortion for women who were raped and all that woman has to do, when going to get an abortion, is to check a box for her reason for getting an abortion as "Private" ,  And in checking that box, there are zero questions asked so that she doesn't have to talk/discuss anything that happend. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Let me say it differently.

You are okay with abortion in rape cases.  A super super sensitive topic for all women and some men but in this case, we are just talking about people that can get pregnant.

Would you support 100% legalize abortion for women who were raped and all that woman has to do, when going to get an abortion, is to check a box for her reason for getting an abortion as "Private" ,  And in checking that box, there are zero questions asked so that she doesn't have to talk/discuss anything that happend. 

If rape.  Yes.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yes, and they do not have say they were raped, they just get to check a box, saying their reason for the abortion is "Private" and that is that, no questions asked.  

You are not saying she has to file a police report, are you?

A person knows if they have been raped.  I hate it when some try to turn the tables on a victim.  I believe it would be in her best interest and society's  best interest that she file a police report, but it should be left to her to decide.   There are a lot of big emotions going on at that time - she needs the best counsel she can get to help her with the next steps. 

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election