The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After NH - it may be just Haley vs Trump.  DeSantis may survive one state more.  Haley is getting big money behind her as many large donors want to consolidate around one anti-trump candidate. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/29/jamie-dimon-nikki-haley-00129054

NEW YORK — JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon urged Democrats to support Nikki Haley in the GOP presidential primary, arguing that she offers a strong alternative to former President Donald Trump.

“If you’re a very liberal Democrat, I urge you to help Nikki Haley, too. Give them a choice on the Republican side that might be better than Trump,” Dimon, who leads the country’s largest commercial bank, said onstage at the 2023 DealBook Summit on Wednesday.

Dimon has been talking up Haley in recent weeks as the former South Carolina governor has gained in the polls. While she’s still trailing well behind Trump, she has won endorsements from an influential super PAC backed by the Koch network and has started to fundraise with Wall Street heavyweights.

When pressed if he’d support “anything but Trump,” Dimon pushed back.

“I would never say. He might be the president, I have to live with that too,” he said.

The banker also urged liberals, particularly New York City residents, to stop looking down on “ultra MAGA” Americans.

“You’re insulting a large group of people,” he said, later adding that both sides could benefit from listening to each other. “I just think people [should] stop denigrating each other all the time because people take a point of view that is different than yours.”

• Oh Yeah! 1

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap

Christie destroyed V several times and he was spot on about V’s obnoxiousness. Christie came across as the strongest and as the truth teller. I wish I could see a Christie v Tromp debate. But trump would be afraid to debate him. Nikki held her own and Gov Bobble Head had his normal canned lines. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Christie destroyed V several times and he was spot on about V’s obnoxiousness. Christie came across as the strongest and as the truth teller. I wish I could see a Christie v Tromp debate. But trump would be afraid to debate him. Nikki held her own and Gov Bobble Head had his normal canned lines. 

This is a smart move, I don't think he planned to do the "White Knight" bit but it worked and is plays well, very well, I would imagine with many voters.  

Nikki, while being gracious and thanking him PROBABLY should have thanked him and then said something like "I appreciate that, I do, but I do not need anyone to fight my battles for me" or something like that.

Either way, that was a win for CC.

None of it matters much because Joe is running away with the win in 24 but still.

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Wow...what an absolute lunatic.  And to think there are at least three people on this board, according to this poll. who think he's actually fit for office.  

Yes, V is a nut job, obnoxious (as Chris Christie clearly pointed out) arrogant, and would be an even more punitive president than "I'm Your Retribution"  Trump.  I cannot stand listening to that 'know it all' who knows very little except his own Q conspiracies.  How he has this much support is beyond me - tells me how sick some GOP voters have gotten.  The only benefit with him in the race is that he will steal away some of the more radial Trump voters in the upcoming primaries. 

GRT explainer: 

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounder/great-replacement-explainer?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-7NttL9ggMVajjUAR04mAXREAAYASAAEgKZRPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

In an interview on Fox News Justice with Judge Jeanine in July 2020, GOP Congressman Matt Gaetz claimed that an "attempted cultural genocide" was occurring in the US and that the left wanted to "replace America."

• Plus1 1

Body image expert:  

DeSantis -

betrays insincerity and chronic deception

V:

"Though Vivek Ramaswamy (38 y.o.) is very heavily Botoxed, it won't do anything to diminish his pugnacious nature (Eyebrows elevated, yet with almost movement of his forehead)," the expert wrote.

Additionally, the expert said, Ramaswamy had another habit that stood out.

"Men who frequently wag their index fingers at others have a dramatically increased likelihood of having impulse control disorder. Moreover, men who frequently wag their index fingers at women, have an additional significantly increased likelihood of later using their fists."

Brown also pointed to potential "adrenaline surges" from Ramaswamy.

"Vivek Ramaswamy exhibits profound jaw jutting when he speaks in public – far beyond what is normal for the pronunciations of the words. This is a highly reliable signal of adrenaline surges," the expert said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/body-language-expert-analyzes-gop-debaters-insincerity-and-chronic-deception/ar-AA1l7BcP?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b073db7ac4e241b3a1e60551eca39fb0&ei=18

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election