The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Probably nothing will change the trump's momentum to the 2024 nomination as his supporters also overlooked the 2016 release of the Access Hollywood tapes. 

GOP: Trump may be scummy but he is our scum.  

https://themessenger.com/news/donald-trump-bill-clinton-sex-tape-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-list-document-dump

In 2019, Ransome told the New Yorker that the tapes were made-up. The fabrication was intended to raise intrigue into Epstein's affairs and to convince the financier himself that she had “evidence that would come out if he harmed me," she said.

from the story.   ^^^^

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Honestly 48 million voters are nodding their heads in agreement while filling Canyonero's up for $2.75 a gallon.

It’s so odd to watch. He lies about so many things that are so easily fact checked.  But, he’s done that ever since 2015 and so many people just accept it. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s so odd to watch. He lies about so many things that are so easily fact checked.  But, he’s done that ever since 2015 and so many people just accept it. 

Yeah, he gets away with it because Republican voters won't ever vote for a Democrat no matter what. 

They live in their own reality. It doesn't matter if what Trump says is true because they want it to be true. Whether it's immigrants poisoning the blood of our country, Joe Biden being corrupt, or that the election was stolen. There isn't anything that is to low for these voters.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I hope this backfires on Trump and his sicko group of handlers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/iowa-pastors-denounce-god-made-trump-video/ar-AA1mFqG0?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=fd7be5d75d4b4ae999c3367a80bce33e&ei=26

A week ahead of the Iowa Republican caucuses, a new video depicting former president Donald Trump as a messianic figure caused a stir among the Iowa evangelical community.

The video, called “God Made Trump,” was shared by the former president on his Truth Social account Friday morning. In the video, a narrator paraphrases the Bible while describing Trump as “a man who cares for the flock” and “a shepherd to mankind who won’t ever leave nor forsake them.”

“I find it absolutely sickening, period,” said Michael Demastus, pastor of the Fort Des Moines Church of Christ. “Trump is not the Messiah.”

The video begins as a parody of Paul Harvey’s famous “So God Made a Farmer” speech, opening with a shot of the earth. A narrator says, “And on June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, ‘I need a caretaker,’ so God gave us Trump.” A similar video about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis circulated in 2022.

The Trump video includes repeated religious references and quotations from the Bible. A narrator describes Trump as one who “follow(s) the path and remain(s) strong in faith.” He paraphrases Psalm 140 to describe the “fake news media” — with “their tongues as sharp as a serpents” and “the poison of vipers ... on their lips” — and credits Trump with “finish(ing) a hard week’s work by attending church on Sunday.”

The video was created by Dilley Meme Team, a group of online content creators independent from the Trump campaign, though they work in close contact with it. The group — which calls itself Trump’s Online War Machine — has faced controversy for its vulgar and sexist content.

Demastus, who has called Trump “the most pro-life president we have ever had,” said he is not alone in his disgust of the new video. “Many other evangelical pastors find that video offensive,” he said.

I agree - this video is despicable.    They steal the story from Paul Harvey (God Made a Farmer) & use Paul Harvey as the voice on the video.  Knowing Paul from listening to him first as a youngster on KSOO radio Sioux Falls every morning growing up (my mom always had his morning 5 min news on when we ate breakfast before the school bus came), also his 15 min rest of the story, and then as an adult on KRMG Tulsa (Paul was a proud Tulsa native & Tulsa was proud of him. His father, a policeman was killed in the line of duty in Tulsa) - I KNOW Paul Harvey would never have supported Trump.  He was too decent of a man and too wise of a man to do so.    Three men from my youth and early adult life that I miss and who made the world a better/ saner place:  Paul Harvey,  Ronald Reagan, Billy Graham   - men of wisdom and good role models & yet they would each be the first to admit their own short comings.   Trump isn't worthy to be in their presence.  

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election