The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My dad takes like 20-25 pills per day, they are about the same age and my dad is retired and just reads and watches the Scify network all day.

What is the Over/Under on how many pills Joe has to take per day?  30?

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

These people are impossibly stupid. But the problem with the American Left is virtue signaling has become more important than electoral outcomes. These people don't think for a nanosecond about the Trump alternative to the issues in Palestine. I hope Trump institutes the most pro-Israeli policies imaginable if nothing else but to show how profoundly idiotic these leftist voters are. 

Maybe I’m being way too generous but I would probably break this lot down into different buckets:

1. Single-issue pro-Palestine hardliners. Ain’t winning these folks.

2. Professional activists who want their attention and clout points. Ditto, and these are worse than 1 because they aren’t even principled, they’re just agitators for selfish reasons.

3. Naive folks whose hearts are largely in the right place but don’t understand or care about domestic politics. And thus don’t understand or care that the alternative makes things much worse. 
4. Dumbass leftists who view themselves as perpetual Overton Window shifters on every issue. Again, not a fan because their politics aren’t principled, just leftist for the sake of being leftist.

Hopefully 3 is the biggest group. They seem like the most likely to come home. 

I’m glad they’re pulling this stunt in the primary. Doing so now is more defensible even if I don’t agree with it. But in the general election, you’re definitely playing with fire and stand to get burned pretty badly.

Saw today he was talking about Israel “finishing the problem” in Gaza. As usual his geopolitics is akin to  an 8 year old’s playing with GI Joes- just say whatever he think sounds tough.

But of course Trump is corrupt like Bibi is corrupt. Trump likes Bibi because he thinks they’re friends. Bibi likes Trump because he’s a vain, easily manipulated moron. So no one should be surprised.

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Maybe I’m being way too generous but I would probably break this lot down into different buckets:

2. Professional activists who want their attention and clout points. Ditto, and these are worse than 1 because they aren’t even principled, they’re just agitators for selfish reasons.

3. Naive folks whose hearts are largely in the right place but don’t understand or care about domestic politics. And thus don’t understand or care that the alternative makes things much worse. 
4. Dumbass leftists who view themselves as perpetual Overton Window shifters on every issue. Again, not a fan because their politics aren’t principled, just leftist for the sake of being leftist.

I’m glad they’re pulling this stunt in the primary. Doing so now is more defensible even if I don’t agree with it. But in the general election, you’re definitely playing with fire and stand to get burned pretty badly.

Saw today he was talking about Israel “finishing the problem” in Gaza. As usual his geopolitics is akin to  an 8 year old’s playing with GI Joes- just say whatever he think sounds tough.

But of course Trump is corrupt like Bibi is corrupt. Trump likes Bibi because he thinks they’re friends. Bibi likes Trump because he’s a vain, easily manipulated moron. So no one should be surprised.

This is a good list.

The Pro-Pally Bros, which for some reason we even have here, are totally weird.  Just like the Pro-Houthies (They are misunderstood, what would you do?!?!)

"Israel is being mean!"  Yeah, no s#!t, I wonder why.  Morons.

Your group 2 is spot on as well...EVERYTHING is an issue even when it isn't, for instance that picture VJ day that turns out to not even be who they thought it was...but it doesn't matter.  

I will disagree with the bolded unless I misunderstand what you mean.  Of course Israel would love to finish the problem, who could blame them.  Will they?  No, it will go to halftime and it will start up again later on.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

https://twitter.com/KateSullivanDC/status/1765007876324462637?s=19

Just to add to this point. 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This is a good list.

The Pro-Pally Bros, which for some reason we even have here, are totally weird.  Just like the Pro-Houthies (They are misunderstood, what would you do?!?!)

"Israel is being mean!"  Yeah, no s#!t, I wonder why.  Morons.

Your group 2 is spot on as well...EVERYTHING is an issue even when it isn't, for instance that picture VJ day that turns out to not even be who they thought it was...but it doesn't matter.  

I will disagree with the bolded unless I misunderstand what you mean.  Of course Israel would love to finish the problem, who could blame them.  Will they?  No, it will go to halftime and it will start up again later on.

So what does finishing the problem look like to you?  

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You disagree that there needs to be some sort of finish to this?

That would be like saying "I don't think there needs to be a finish to the commie vs Ukraine war"

This is specifically referring to the political left being stupid and not voting for Biden because of his perceived support for "genocide" and support for Israel.

This quote from Trump is the alternative for these voters, which is expressing support for Israel and outright approval aggressive Israeli Defense Forces tactics and by saying "you have to finish the job", my interpretation is that he supports even more aggressive responses from Israel. 

My personal opinion is not expressed in that tweet and I didn't mean to convey it, my apologies if that wasn't clear.

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So what does finishing the problem look like to you?  

Nothing, it can't happen.

I get the thought of it.  Just like in the 80's when we were like "We should just nuke all the commies" you remember that, I do and you are older and smarter.  

So it looks like nothing, because it can't happen.  

What does it look like to you?

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is specifically referring to the political left being stupid and not voting for Biden because of his perceived support for "genocide" and support for Israel.

This quote from Trump is the alternative for these voters, which is expressing support for Israel and outright approval aggressive Israeli Defense Forces tactics and by saying "you have to finish the job", my interpretation is that he supports even more aggressive responses from Israel. 

My personal opinion is not expressed in that tweet and I didn't mean to convey it, my apologies if that wasn't clear.

No problem!  Thanks!

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Biden ought to just go lowest common denominator and challenge Trump to three rounds in the octagon.  He'd kick the ever living s#!t out of that lard a$$.

I mean...really?

You know why there are weight classes, right?

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

The Biden/Never Trump camp needs to harden this groundswell of Republican voters who are saying now, at least, that Trump is a deal breaker.  Make them feel like they're in their own tribe now, can retake the GOP since Trump has told them to get the f#&% out, and give them a sense of patriotism for holding off authoritarianism for at least one more election cycle.  First they have to jettison Trump to the dust bin of history.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

These people are impossibly stupid. But the problem with the American Left is virtue signaling has become more important than electoral outcomes. These people don't think for a nanosecond about the Trump alternative to the issues in Palestine. I hope Trump institutes the most pro-Israeli policies imaginable if nothing else but to show how profoundly idiotic these leftist voters are. 

They're not stupid. 

Most will vote for Biden when given the binary choice in November, as they have the last two unhappy elections. Most likely by a larger percentage than disgruntled Republicans, independents and Dems turned RFK lackeys. 

The backlash against Israeli prosecution of the Gaza War has grown broad and mainstream, for very good reason. 

Rooting for Trump to show up the leftists is an odd take for a post about virtue signaling at the expense of electoral outcomes. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean...really?

You know why there are weight classes, right?

Trump would gas in under 30 seconds.  I take it you've never been in a bar fight with the little wirey guy that you'd basically have to kill to stop?

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Trump would gas in under 30 seconds.  I take it you've never been in a bar fight with the little wirey guy that you'd basically have to kill to stop?

Wait...you think JB is a "little wirey guy" that has good stamina?  

And no, I have not been in that super roided out hyper masculine fight that you seem to think all of us get in.  

I have seen 2 bar fights in my life...both were under 30 seconds.  Maybe 60 tops.

But, with your thinking...why don't they have 150 pound guys fight 200 pound guys in MMA and boxing...since they would "gas out"?

• Fire 3
1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

The Biden/Never Trump camp needs to harden this groundswell of Republican voters who are saying now, at least, that Trump is a deal breaker.  Make them feel like they're in their own tribe now, can retake the GOP since Trump has told them to get the f#&% out, and give them a sense of patriotism for holding off authoritarianism for at least one more election cycle.  First they have to jettison Trump to the dust bin of history.

This is concerning for Republicans, but it's also meaningless unless it's compared to enthusiasm for Biden supporters, which is likely equally tepid. Any environmental that shows North Carolina as competitive would mean Biden is winning national polls by 5%, which just isn't happening. 

Unless polls start to show the paradigm listed in the above tweet, any environment that isn't D+3.5 or more probably means a Donald Trump won. Biden has to shift polls in his favor by huge amounts to win. 

• Haha 2
  • Worth a Look 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election