The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get the thought of it.  Just like in the 80's when we were like "We should just nuke all the commies" you remember that, I do and you are older and smarter.  

I do remember. The only people who thought we should nuke all the commies were ignorant knuckle-draggers rejected by both parties. 

• TBH 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is concerning for Republicans, but it's also meaningless unless it's compared to enthusiasm for Biden supporters, which is likely equally tepid. Any environmental that shows North Carolina as competitive would mean Biden is winning national polls by 5%, which just isn't happening. 

Unless polls start to show the paradigm listed in the above tweet, any environment that isn't D+3.5 or more probably means a Donald Trump won. Biden has to shift polls in his favor by huge amounts to win. 

You are looking at the wrong stuff.

Only look at vegas...50/50.  

Also, not to be mean but no one really cares about the environment 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 2
Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is concerning for Republicans, but it's also meaningless unless it's compared to enthusiasm for Biden supporters, which is likely equally tepid. Any environmental that shows North Carolina as competitive would mean Biden is winning national polls by 5%, which just isn't happening. 

Unless polls start to show the paradigm listed in the above tweet, any environment that isn't D+3.5 or more probably means a Donald Trump won. Biden has to shift polls in his favor by huge amounts to win. 

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait...you think JB is a "little wirey guy" that has good stamina?  

And no, I have not been in that super roided out hyper masculine fight that you seem to think all of us get in.  

I have seen 2 bar fights in my life...both were under 30 seconds.  Maybe 60 tops.

But, with your thinking...why don't they have 150 pound guys fight 200 pound guys in MMA and boxing...since they would "gas out"?

Damn.  What a namby pamby life you've led...lol

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I do remember. The only people who thought we should nuke all the commies were ignorant knuckle-draggers rejected by both parties. 

See, we both agree!

Also, what do you think "finish" means?  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Damn.  What a namby pamby life you've led...lol

So you have seen two 80 year old mean fight in a bar?

What bar...I want to go there!

Also, you did not answer, why do you think there are weight classes in fighting sports?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

You might get laid

Not really my thing, but thanks.  That sounds kinda hyper-masculine.  Not really my thing.  

But, again, while you might be into that and that is great!  Why do you think we have weight classes in fighting? 

• Fire 2
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They're not stupid. 

Most will vote for Biden when given the binary choice in November, as they have the last two unhappy elections. Most likely by a larger percentage than disgruntled Republicans, independents and Dems turned RFK lackeys. 

The backlash against Israeli prosecution of the Gaza War has grown broad and mainstream, for very good reason. 

Rooting for Trump to show up the leftists is an odd take for a post about virtue signaling at the expense of electoral outcomes. 

Maybe in lefty circles it does, but the majority of Americans support Israel and have no idea what Palestine is.

I'm rooting for Trump to galvanize and untie the left and for Democrats to jettison the stupid elements of their coalition that cost them elections.

America is closer than a Republican tri-fecta and a 7-2 SCOTUS than people realize. We don't need to let the morons on the left off the hook anymore than we should the morons in the right. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You mean the polls vs results like this?

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean...really?

You know why there are weight classes, right?

Dana White's been offering $10 off UFC PPV events recently. Hopefully revenues are down, that guy sucks. I'm not forking one cent over to him so I sail the high seas. :ph34r:

I mean, shoot. Joe's old. But so is Trump. And he's the fakest tough guy I've ever seen in my life. Compare their reactions at these two events. Trump's always makes me chuckle. That's the body language of a dude who's gonna fold up like a lawn chair the first time he gets popped in the mouth.

Joe just kinda sit there and watches. I mean it helps like Jill boxed out like she was crashing the boards for a rebound. :lol:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not really my thing, but thanks.  That sounds kinda hyper-masculine.  Not really my thing.  

But, again, while you might be into that and that is great!  Why do you think we have weight classes in fighting? 

Hanging out at the bar trying to score isn't your thing....huh.  So it's just been your board persona all along.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You mean the polls vs results like this?

While I hope support for Trump is massively over estimated, did Virginia (or any state) get a lot of high quality polling for the Republican primary? 

The race for the Republican nomination isn't populated with high quality polling with a lot of money invested in figuring out who is winning. The race for the nomination has been over for a year, and polling firms know it. 

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Dana White's been offering $10 off UFC PPV events recently. Hopefully revenues are down, that guy sucks. I'm not forking one cent over to him so I sail the high seas. :ph34r:

I mean, shoot. Joe's old. But so is Trump. And he's the fakest tough guy I've ever seen in my life. Compare their reactions at these two events. Trump's always makes me chuckle. That's the body language of a dude who's gonna fold up like a lawn chair the first time he gets popped in the mouth.

Joe just kinda sit there and watches. I mean it helps like Jill boxed out like she was crashing the boards for a rebound. :lol:

JB looks like Bernie from the Documentary "Weekend at Bernies" and trump looks like a b!^@h

Here is a real man

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Hanging out at the bar trying to score isn't your thing....huh.  So it's just been your board persona all along.  

Correct, this is a post board, not real life.

Anyway...your thoughts on why fighting sports have weight classes???

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think that has become an electorate problem.  I see it far too often on the right.  It’s why we get crappy general election candidates, and like you’ve noted, lose winnable elections. 

Case and point. Republicans just nominate bad candidates. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Case and point. Republicans just nominate bad candidates. 

I agree, 100%

But we also have Hammas and Houthie deniers, right here, posting.

Also, Holocaust deniers should be executed...Period.  100%

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

JB looks like Bernie from the Documentary "Weekend at Bernies" and trump looks like a b!^@h

Here is a real man

Correct, this is a post board, not real life.

Anyway...your thoughts on why fighting sports have weight classes???

Not to threadcrap, but who can forget this all time classic.

This might be the coolest thing he ever did. And believe me I’m not one to foist complements upon Dubya.

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election