Go Fund Me Husker Athletics

skers

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty sure both on these are completely false.

No expenses?  About the only thing the teams are saving are the travel expenses to/from games.  The student-athletes still have the expenses of the scholarships, food, training, etc.  Plus, the costs of all the coaches and support staff.  NU already cut a number of staff based on a $15 million short fall.

The Athletic Department will rebound in the long run, but in the short-run it will be hurting.  I do agree that efforts should be made to support local businesses which will have trouble surviving during this downturn.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No expenses?  About the only thing the teams are saving are the travel expenses to/from games.  The student-athletes still have the expenses of the scholarships, food, training, etc.  Plus, the costs of all the coaches and support staff.  NU already cut a number of staff based on a $15 million short fall.

The Athletic Department will rebound in the long run, but in the short-run it will be hurting.  I do agree that efforts should be made to support local businesses which will have trouble surviving during this downturn.

Interesting point Frost made too is the cost of extending scholarships for seniors. I don't think money should be the driving factor for whether people play or not. But expanding the scholarship limit to accommodate players who would have exhausted their eligibility means another ~15-20 full scholarships to pay for, and no revenue to pay with. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Bledred said:

50 million dollar check from the B1G and almost no expenses this year.  An endowment that is somewhere in the half billion dollar range.  I am sure the Athletic Department and University will be just fine.  Like someone said before me, the local businesses that are taking a massive hit by this cancellation will not be fine.  They are not sitting on a mountain of money like UNL Athletics is.  

Hm.  The Big Ten wont have any money to divide that I can ser.  

The Athletic Dept has NO half billion (60 million is the numbers Ive seen).  If they did, Moos wouldn't be out begging for donations for facilities upgrades. 

Where do you find these ?   If true, there is no problem - give Frost a salary double!    

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The Athletic Dept has NO half billion (60 million is the numbers Ive seen).  If they did, Moos wouldn't be out begging for donations for facilities upgrades. 

Where do you find these ?   If true, there is no problem - give Frost a salary double!    

University of Nebraska’s Endowment is $1.7 Billion

https://nufoundation.org/about/annual-report/

This isn’t all accounts, as some are not actually held by the NU Foundation. 

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It's his job to go get more donations to maintain that nest egg and grow it. Get those boosters yo pay for it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...