Biden's America

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

HA.  BK as in Bankruptcy.  I know of two people who declared bankruptcy and within two weeks of the discharge, they were getting mass mailings for pre-approved credit card offers.   

Oh...sorry, I was hungry!

A buddy of mine declared bankruptcy and after only about 4 years he was able to get a loan for a house.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Some perspective from 2023...

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-crime-rate-2023-statistics

According to NYPD statistics, overall crime was down in New York City in 2023 by just under a percentage point compared to 2022. Both years saw more reported crimes compared to 2020 and 2021, but rates are lower compared to 2019, before COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.

Murders are down 11.9%, with 386 far this year, as opposed to 438 murders in 2022. And rapes, burglaries and shootings have all seen double-digit percentage point decreases since 2022.

It's not all good news, however. The city has seen a 6.3% increase in assaults and a 15.0% increase in grand larceny. Stabbings and slashings are also up just over 5%, from 4318 in 2022 to 4553 through Dec. 18 of this year. 

The city's subways have been the focus of most New Yorkers' crime anxieties, but according to the MTA, overall crime is down on the rails, although felony assaults have seen a slight jump.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Is this even legal?  I mean, it is not a natural disaster or a rioting.  

I think the governor can deploy their guard however they see fit.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Yes, David Muir mentioned that overall crime is down, but some scary stuff going on underground, especially the last several months.

Mole people or lizard people?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can't remember if this movie was before he got "big" or not but it is HORRIBLE.

I think it came out just before The Hangover

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
15 hours ago, ZRod said:

I think the governor can deploy their guard however they see fit.

But, I would guess there's probably some strict rules they need to abide by.  Like, maybe they can apprehend someone they see committing a crime, but an actual police officer would then need to be called and make the arrest.

I wonder what the rules are around if they end up actually shooting someone.