Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There is a huge difference between the 2. State governments have to redistrict. It's part of their jobs. Gerrymandering is by definition rigging an election. We don't always know when gerrymandering has happened, but that's beside the point of the conversation you're trying to have. They are 2 different things. Parties in power can and do redistrict fairly, maybe even more than half of the time. It is not difficult at all to see the 2 things are different and I'm not sure why it's difficult for you.

Its not difficult for me. Done trying to make any sense of some replies to my stance. Thanks, and have a good night.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

@Archy1221 I'm still trying to figure out how you know all of these deep secrets and the rest of us all are so ignorant and alone in the dark on them...and we need someone like you to enlighten us because we are just so unintelligent and unable to determine fact from fiction...we need you to save us from ourselves.  (this seems to be the tone and message of all your posts together)

It's funny...because when I was in a high control religious cult...they said the same thing.  They said that only they had the truth.  They said that everyone else was mislead.  They said you couldn't trust any other source of news but the ones they approved..namely, their own publications.  They misquoted scientists to 'prove' evolution false.  They misquoted physicists to make them seem like they believed in a creator.  They lied, they misinformed, and they berated anyone who dared tell them different.  And they sure as hell couldn't debate with anyone because they kept morphing their answers to fit whatever narrative they were pushing at that time.

At this point in time, it's fairly clear that your judgement is quite clouded and you're attempting to sway opinion based on conjecture, op eds, and misinformation.

In closing, you're using misinformation, poor quoting, poor sourcing and you're trying to dismiss factual evidence...and I'm not sure what it's going to get you or what you're trying to accomplish in doing so.

Good post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DevoHusker said:

I guess I know when to call it a night. Evidently my pov is not coming through. Good night.

We may not see eye to eye on a few things, but I believe your heart is in the right place. You are the kind of opinion I want to discuss this stuff with.

I hope you have a good night. See you here tomorrow? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Nope, I said it is sometimes difficult to see the difference between the two terms, in practice. 

Ok, so it's not difficult for you to see the difference in them. Then it makes no sense that you are claiming gerrymandering is not rigging an election. That is exactly what it is.

If I had to guess the point you are trying to make is it's allowed in the system (because the Supreme Court and the House/Senate refuse to act, even though fixing it wouldn't be that hard) whereas the things Trump is lying about are blatantly illegal and if found something would actually be done about them. Am I getting it? And you seem to think gerrymandering isn't terribly serious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So what is Trump's end game in all of this?  It is pretty obvious he cannot overturn the states in question.  It is to do what he does best: sow discord, doubt, and dis-information for the purpose of casting doubt on the legitimacy of the Biden election, with the deeper purpose of keeping his cult members within the 'compound' for the eventual goal of coming back as the messiah in 2024.  He needs to keep his brand from being tarnished by a complete, uncompromising defeat.    This article says the same thing. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/new-tack-for-trump-delay-final-vote-count/

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

it's allowed in the system (because the Supreme Court and the House/Senate refuse to act, even though fixing it wouldn't be that hard)

whereas the things Trump is lying about are blatantly illegal and if found something would actually be done about them.

And you seem to think gerrymandering isn't terribly serious.

After a good night's sleep, I am ready to tackle P&R again :D

You got it, as I parsed above. And, I think gerrymandering is a serious issue, but both parties partake in it, by way of redistricting, when they are the party of power. That is why nothing is done to "fix" it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Note: this kind of election interference by a candidate is illegal.

There is no precedent for the Trump team’s widespread effort to delay or undermine certification, according to University of Kentucky law professor Joshua Douglas.

“It would be the end of democracy as we know it,” Douglas said. “This is just not a thing that can happen.”

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

"It is a wasted attempt to unravel a lawful vote, in order to calm the Republican rancor we all knew would occur after they left the meeting. This certification is secure from yellow belly politricks, which are trying to reverse Donald Trump’s misfortune in Michigan," he told ABC News early Thursday morning. "Upon certifying the election, we took a subsequent vote to waive reconsideration of the certification vote. It is final, this goose is cooked."

There's no avenue for them to rescind it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There's no avenue for them to rescind it.

So... he violated election laws in a completely fruitless attempt to have a done deal reconsidered?

That is peak trump, that's what that is.

Imagine voting for this guy!  :lol::rolleyes:

I also found this interesting. She's worried about doing this because of the right-wing nutjobs with guns in her state.

• Plus1 1