Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I literally did a Google dictionary search and copied/pasted the results. Try it yourself "gerrymandering definition" and "redistricting definition"

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2016/0311/Redistricting-or-gerrymandering-N.C.-dispute-embodies-national-debate

The difference between redistricting and gerrymandering is a matter of intent. Redistricting is a federally governed process designed to ensure that congressional districts adequately reflect the shifts in population distribution. Gerrymandering refers to the use of the redistricting process to unfairly disenfranchise specific groups of people.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let's say he does come out and announces his election bid for 2024.  No "anonymous source" needed because this is a hypothetical.  You aren't willing to say if you would support him or not?

There's about a 352 page thread on this somewhere on here you can read.  But....you obviously didn't listen to the house hearings.  I find it funny that any time I have this conversation with a trumpee....all they talk about is Facebook.

Ummm......and one hell of a lot of other places.  

Really???  Interestingly....just recently the Nebraska Republican Party openly mentioned how they need to redistrict around Omaha because their gerrymandering efforts haven't produced Republican votes like they had hoped.  If you really think gerrymandering doesn't exist.....educate yourself.

Isn't it nice how Moscow Mitch protected Trump from having anything revealed in the Senate?

And....just to be clear...you don't like liars.  Ummm....and you're not willing to announce that you won't support Trump in 2024 if he runs?   Hmmmm....me thinks you don't mind liars.

If Trump ran into unapposed in primary, I would support him over Biden. If Trump ran against DeSantis, James, Scott, Hawley, then I support one of them.  Hmmmm...That clear enough. 

the Mueller report does not make the claim that Trump coordinates with Russia to win the election.  It also clearly states the outcome was not affected at all by any actions of a Russia.  Hopefully you caught the Senate Mueller testimony hearings like I did.

you need to take the polling places argument on a case by case basis.  In GA, each county runs their own polling places.  Fulton county is not Republican.  GA also has laws on how many voters per precinct.  PA is a commonwealth and each county seems to have their own sets of rules.  This populace counties are Democrat counties.  

and I will ask again.. when did I say gerrymandering didn’t exist?  You all love to make stuff up. When re-districting gets to the level of gerrymandering, lawsuits happen and courts get involved.  See PA 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The comparison of Ronald Klain's one statement 6 years ago about incumbent's LEGAL ability to help re-write the rules of their own elections, to Trump making s#!t up and spreading it on twitter, without evidence - is laughable.

Incumbents win re-election over 90% of the time because of name recognition and safe election districts.  Studies have shown that the general public is dissatisfied with And have a negative view of government in general but not necessarily their own elected official.  They don’t win because election laws are constant being re-written. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'll give you a hint.

"Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of pseudoscience and three failed fact checks."

Feel free to fact check the article.  

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

and I will ask again.. when did I say gerrymandering didn’t exist?  You all love to make stuff up. When re-districting gets to the level of gerrymandering, lawsuits happen and courts get involved.  See PA 

Ummm....that is one example where a a lawsuit happened.  Has there been lawsuits in Nebraska?  No?  Maybe they don't always happen when there is gerrymandering.  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I did. 

Ope :facepalm: 

I thought I did but I must have gotten distracted by the back and forth. My point is that when the party of favor does it, it is considered redistricting. When the opposition party does it, it is considered gerrymandering. In the example provided by @RedDenver about North Carolina, both sides accused the other of gerrymandering in each distinct effort to redistrict.

"When it works for the candidate I support it is legal, but when it works for the candidate I oppose it is illegal"

In the general election, Bustos was one of 39 candidates considered to be the most viable challengers against Republican incumbents to benefit from "Red to Blue" program offered by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.[32] Bustos was endorsed by the Quad-City Times for the general election.[33] In November, she defeated incumbent Republican Bobby Schilling 53%–47%.[34] She'd received a significant boost from redistricting, which replaced Quincy, Decatur and the district's portion of Springfield with the more Democratic portions of Peoria and Rockford. She is the first Democrat to represent a significant portion of Peoria since 1927, and only the second Democrat since the 1850s to represent a significant portion of Rockford.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I thought I did but I must have gotten distracted by the back and forth. My point is that when the party of favor does it, it is considered redistricting. When the opposition party does it, it is considered gerrymandering.

By whom? Gerrymandering is always illegal. There are no good reasons to gerrymander a district. It disenfranchises voters. 

I have no idea who gerrymandered these districts. Don't care. It's wrong. Full stop.

5FQAplM.jpg

• Plus1 3