Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If Trump publicly declares for the 2024 election I will let you know what I think.  I don’t do the anonymous source thing.

So....let's say he does come out and announces his election bid for 2024.  No "anonymous source" needed because this is a hypothetical.  You aren't willing to say if you would support him or not?

I am legitimately curious on how Russia helped get Trump elected.  I am aware of $200,000 in Facebook advertising.

There's about a 352 page thread on this somewhere on here you can read.  But....you obviously didn't listen to the house hearings.  I find it funny that any time I have this conversation with a trumpee....all they talk about is Facebook.

Are you talking about the lack of poll locations in the Atlanta area?

Ummm......and one hell of a lot of other places.  

gerrymandering  is illegal and rightfully so.  Courts of law decide those cases when re-districting falls outside the law. 

Really???  Interestingly....just recently the Nebraska Republican Party openly mentioned how they need to redistrict around Omaha because their gerrymandering efforts haven't produced Republican votes like they had hoped.  If you really think gerrymandering doesn't exist.....educate yourself.

and Adam Schiff is a bald faced liar. 

Isn't it nice how Moscow Mitch protected Trump from having anything revealed in the Senate?

And....just to be clear...you don't like liars.  Ummm....and you're not willing to announce that you won't support Trump in 2024 if he runs?   Hmmmm....me thinks you don't mind liars.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Keep on lying. I picked that article for a reason.  It’s NBC, not FOXNews, it clearly states she said for any reason and she said Biden should be ready to contest in court. 

Excuse me. I did not lie. She accurately described what happened. Why you have a bee in your bonnet about that is your business.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am not sure I see much difference between redistricting (okay) and gerrymandering (not okay)

Gerrymander: to manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class. achieve (a result) by manipulating the boundaries of an electoral constituency. "a total freedom to gerrymander the results they want"

Redistrict: divide or organize (an area) into new political (or school) districts. "he made no secret about his intent to redistrict the state to the advantage of his party"

That isn't the definition of merely redistricting. These are both examples of gerrymandering.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

But other than that, not much difference. So, when one party does it, it is okay and when the other party does it, it is illegal, got it. 

BUT OTHER THAN THAT

I can walk into a bank and walk out with money. On the one hand, I could get a loan. On the other, I could use a gun.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT there's not much difference.  

Hoo boy. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

But other than that, not much difference. So, when one party does it, it is okay and when the other party does it, it is illegal, got it. 

What are you talking about? Redistricting is a normal thing due to changing population. Gerrymandering is a form of redistricting where the goal is to advantage a party. Gerrymandering is bad no matter which party is doing it.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That isn't the definition of merely redistricting. These are both examples of gerrymandering.

I literally did a Google dictionary search and copied/pasted the results. Try it yourself "gerrymandering definition" and "redistricting definition"

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

BUT OTHER THAN THAT

I can walk into a bank and walk out with money. On the one hand, I could get a loan. On the other, I could use a gun.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT there's not much difference.  

Hoo boy. 

That is not what I meant, and you know it. Keep reading my quote for the gist of my comment. 

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

What are you talking about? Redistricting is a normal thing due to changing population. Gerrymandering is a form of redistricting where the goal is to advantage a party. Gerrymandering is bad no matter which party is doing it.

Please check to see how Cherie Bustos (who I feel should be Speaker) won her non-Chicago Illinois D seat originally. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Link, please. 

I'll give you a hint.

"Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of pseudoscience and three failed fact checks."

• Plus1 4