Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Considering more people voted by mail this election than any other election in history?  Not really.

Why would more people voting by mail cause the rejection rate to go down?  The 2020 primaries had the same rejection rate problems, in many states actually greater percentages, as in the past.  

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Obviously Biden is the winner of the election but does anyone find the rejection rate in 2020 for mail in ballots rather odd and a statistical anomaly?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/us/election-ballots-rejections.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/key-swing-states-year-mail-ballot-rejections-plummeted-2016-rates%3famp

No

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thank God. I think it would have been resolved in the next step but GD this s#!t is going to be at least a little scary until it's over. Even if they fail this opens up all kinds of opportunities for future uber partisans to f#&% up democracy if we don't shore things up.

56 minutes ago, commando said:

i've never voted by mail....but with all the ads they had telling us how to properly vote by mail this year i can see fewer people making mistakes.

I voted by mail this year. I voted for a real American and it was the happiest vote I've cast in eight years.

Picked a winner, too.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Good OPED reminding us of Washington's warning and how easy it could be for the USA to lose its democracy.  Germany didn't see it happening in the 1920s & early 30s.   Blind loyalty and a deep partisan divide allowed the rise of a dictator.

The OPED is quoted in part below.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/11/17/donald-trump-2020-george-washington-warned-against-1797-column/6309641002/

2020 America is still vulnerable to the dangers George Washington warned of in 1797

Some are subverting the institutions Washington helped create to undermine confidence in the vote and invalidate Joe Biden's win. They won't succeed.

We Americans traditionally celebrate the birth of our democracy on July 4, commemorating the day in 1776 when the Founders signed the Declaration of Independence. This document was a remarkable assertion of the primacy of the people over their government for the first time in recorded history.

Arguably, though, the United States’ future as a democratic republic was only cemented much later, on March 4, 1797, when John Adams was sworn in as George Washington’s successor. Some Founders, including Alexander Hamilton, did not want to limit presidential tenure, and Washington could have stayed on. Instead, he made a decision to decline a third term and return home to Mount Vernon.

If you have not read Washington’s Farewell Address, in which he declared his intention to step away, you should, particularly at this fraught moment. It’s as if he could see through the centuries to November 2020.

Using power to destroy democracy 

He railed against regionalism and partisanship, against “ambitious, corrupted, or deluded citizens,” against those who open the door to foreign influence and “mislead public opinion.” He warned against the rise of “cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men” who “subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards” the very democratic systems that first put them into office. 

Above all, he elevated the rule of law and vigilant protection of our constitutional processes, cautioning that “all obstructions to the execution of the laws … with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive” of the people’s prerogative, and indeed are “of fatal tendency.”

He knew where the dangers lurked and was remarkably prescient about their eternal lure. It would be a grave mistake to assume that American democracy has become immune to the dangers of which Washington warned.  

It has not. And never will.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Did that hurt your feelings?

Not at all Harry.  Did it hurt yours?  

I can’t figure out the point in going after a politicians kids when he is angry with the politician.  Get pissed all you want with the actions of elected officials.  But leave it there.  

I guess you feel otherwise and think that families are ok to go after.  Sad:(. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s amazing a douche like that goes after an elected officials children.  What an a$&hat 

I didn't see where he went after children, granted I may have missed it.

I just heard the part where he said their children and grandchildren would look at them as immoral and likely racist people.  If that's what you are referring to, how is that going after the kids?  If not, I apologize and would love to hear what you are referencing.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I didn't see where he went after children, granted I may have missed it.

I just heard the part where he said their children and grandchildren would look at them as immoral and likely racist people.  If that's what you are referring to, how is that going after the kids?  If not, I apologize and would love to hear what you are referencing.

Ya I was wondering that too. You have to be a huge snowflake if you think that's going after their children/grandchildren.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Ya I was wondering that too. You have to be a huge snowflake if you think that's going after their children/grandchildren.

What’s the point in even bring up that persons kids?  

and you would have to be a huge snowflake to think that re-canvassing precincts after an election is racist. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1