Illinois Week Pressers

seaofred92

Go Big Red! This game may say a lot about Frost's progress in bringing the Husker's back to national prominence. Last week's win was a good one and it will be interesting to see how the team reacts to a win over a team that most would consider a formidable opponent, in spite of their win loss record. 

I submit the possibility that this game may well point to the direction of Frost's tenure. I say this because I think last week's win was extremely important for the Husker's.....perhaps more than anyone understands. This football program has been teetering on the edge between mediocrity and progress to greatness for quite some time. Nebraska football has the pedigree of football excellence but since Tom Osborne retired there has not been a man come along who could lead the Husker's in a manner fitting of the legacy of Nebraska football. Ultimately how the team plays tomorrow reflects back to it's leadership. 

Scott Frost played under the leadership of Tom Osborne, a man who found a way to lead the Huskers to national prominence and even national championships. I truly believe Scott is the right man for the job. He is Husker football thru and thru. I watched him play quarterback for the Huskers and saw the heart he displayed, the love he had for his team. I recall his plea for Nebraska's right to a national championship after he led his team to a win over Tennessee after a 13 and 0 season, I can still see it, will never forget it. That young man had heart and I believe that heart still beats in the man that leads the Huskers today. 

To Coach Scott Frost.......coach your team with that same heart you displayed when you played and we will ask nothing more.

There is no place like Nebraska.....Go Big Red!

• Fire 1

Not going to quote the above due to length, but it’s nice for some positivity. I think we all optimist that really just want something positive to pick a part. 

however, the return to prominence will never be through beating a team that starts with an I. You have to beat the teams that’s start with O for that. We will know we’re on the right path when beating the I’s is assumed. 

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Not going to quote the above due to length, but it’s nice for some positivity. I think we all optimist that really just want something positive to pick a part. 

however, the return to prominence will never be through beating a team that starts with an I. You have to beat the teams that’s start with O for that. We will know we’re on the right path when beating the I’s is assumed. 

Well said. Need to start tomorrow by Dotting the I.