Huskerboard writers - join the crew

If anyone has a passion for the skers & journalism, and you're looking for some help propelling your career or just as a hobby, we're looking for some scribes to ink up some gameday arts this fall. The compensation will be in the form of Husker gear, and will be pretty minimal until we get more financially stable - but there is potential in the future for a regular wage.

The open positions are:

-Pre-game / post-game editorials

-Game-day analysis

If you are interested, post a reply here or drop me a PM. You don't have to be a pro - the important part is that you have an interesting style, and know how to use a grammar/spell check. If we have several interested candidates for each position, we'll have a weekly vote to pick the article of the week, which will be distro'd in our newsletter and published on several other Husker websites, including: huskernation.com, huskerbay.com, huskerwallpaper.com.

:restore

Great, glad to hear it guys. We've also had 4-5 others offer to contribute via PM, so we should have some great gameday coverage to offer the Big Red legion.

Although we've had a good response so far, we are still looking for a few more contributors, so please contact myself or Eric the Red to add your name to the crew - and if you change your mind or it turns out you just dont have the time, no worries, you're under no obligation.

Here is some add'l general info others have asked about:

Topics?

-We're allowing each writer to choose their own subjects to begin, and then after we get an idea as to the number of contributors & your strengths, we'll work out a schedule so we aren't duplicating efforts, and you guys won't have to write every week if you don't want to.

Format/Editing?

-Articles can be emailed to admin@huskerboard.com, and we will do the formatting/editing when necessary, and then publish.

Deadlines?

-We like to include the pre-game analysis in our weekly newsletter distributed the Wednesday before each game - so we need the pre-game material by around noon on Tuesday, so we have a chance to do the formatting and post online.

-Post-game material is best received by noon on Sunday at the latest, so we can do some quick formatting and get it distributed while it's hot.

-Any other types of editorial content on general subjects can also be emailed to the addy above at any time, and we'll do the formatting and offer suggestions where needed before publishing.

Any other questions, post em up or drop myself or Eric the Red a Private Message.

Thanks again to all who have offered to contribute!

:cheers

I can't make any promises until I see what my work/school workload is like, but I may be interested. I will be at every home game, live on campus, and I am an english major. So, depending on what you are looking for and how many other guys/girls are willing, I can throw my name into the proverbial hat.

I would also like to be added in the mix for creating articles, pics, etc. As my handle indicates, I do live in Texas, but I will be at the A&M game and a potential bowl game. Plus it isn't too difficult to pick up most of the games on TV. Just fill me in on the details and I'll be happy to help out. :thumbs

Sounds great, thanks fellas. I'll be in touch in the coming weeks.

One other thing to point out, is that your efforts could very legitmately be used as resume/portfolio fodder. The board is owned by College Sports, Inc. (a Neb corp), and you would be welcome to use us as a reference for your professional writing experience.

Great to hear it guys, thanks for the offers.

Due to the large number of offers to contribute, we've decided to release a new website dedicated to Husker journalism. It will be called Husker Weekly. A rough version is currently available to view here: http://www.huskerweekly.com. This will help keep things more organized and give a more representative image for your work. So now you can tell your friends you're a writer for HUSKER WEEKLY. Sounds kinda cool eh.

Here's a basic rundown for the new process:

-Each writer will submit their work to admin@huskerboard.com for editing

-The articles will be posted on Husker Weekly, and links will be posted on several other Husker sites

-The Mods will vote to determine which article(s) will be distributed in the weekly newsletter

-Each writer will have the opportunity to establish their own identity/brand, using real or ghost-names

-Our talented graphic designers on the board can also probably rip out some sweet caricature type icons for each writer

More coming soon..

:thumbs

Deadlines?

-Post-game material is best received by noon on Sunday at the latest, so we can do some quick formatting and get it distributed while it's hot.

Not sure I'll be able to get stuff in by noon since I will be driving back to school on Sunday's after the games. We'll see though, I'll try to get it in as early as I can.