What is the future of the Republican Party?

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....when a member of congress is an idiot, the press isn't supposed to report it because it sheds light on them being an idiot?

Ummm.....no.....

Just a thought. 

9 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are you just shooting from the hip here?  What ideas don't have support from a majority of voters?  

Infrastructure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/infrastructure-plan-opinion-poll/

Hr1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2021/5/3/22406391/hr1-poll-for-the-people-act

Gun control

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/news/548127-2-in-3-support-stricter-gun-control-laws-poll%3famp

ACA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2020/10/16/poll-obamacare-more-popular-than-ever-as-scotus-vote-looms/amp/

Police reform

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/10-favor-hold-police-accountable-poll/story?id=77218405

I could go on and on.  What do you have?

MTG is, according to the leading candidate for the 2024 Republican Presidential nominee, "a rising star".  As has been pointed out here, her politics and that of other caustic Trumpsters is what the Republican Party has become.  If you don't like it maybe try to change it or leave.  The water is warm.   

How many of those things actually got/get done? ACA is the exception. 

The left is not exactly known as good closers. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....when a member of congress is an idiot, the press isn't supposed to report it because it sheds light on them being an idiot?

Ummm.....no.....

I borrowed this, but agree and shows what I mean with regards to my previous post. 

February 2021

CNN: Wow, it's sure peaceful now that Trump is gone.

CNN: Man, love these quiet news cycles since the Orange man is out.

CNN:

CNN:

CNN: Let's go see what dumb things Trump is saying.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I borrowed this, but agree and shows what I mean with regards to my previous post. 

February 2021

CNN: Wow, it's sure peaceful now that Trump is gone.

CNN: Man, love these quiet news cycles since the Orange man is out.

CNN:

CNN:

CNN: Let's go see what dumb things Trump is saying.

It is nice to turn on the news and not see constantly the stupid s#!t the leader of the free world is doing to embarrass America.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Just a thought. 

How many of those things actually got/get done? ACA is the exception. 

The left is not exactly known as good closers. 

That's not what you said though.  They did drum up national support as the polls show, Republican obstructionism not withstanding.   So it's not a matter of their platform being so weak they have to hold up MTG to make themselves look better.  That's just a fallacy you tossed out there.  Carry on.  

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

That's not what you said though.  They did drum up national support as the polls show, Republican obstructionism not withstanding.   So it's not a matter of their platform being so weak they have to hold up MTG to make themselves look better.  That's just a fallacy you tossed out there.  Carry on.  

you got me there. :thumbs

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What case?

Look up. 

Literally nobody gaf what Trump said about windmills in 2020. Social media and lefty media keep dredging it up. The insurrection on Jan 6 is still current and meaningful. Anything else is just more flotsam. But...posts like that, and CNN, can't seem to let it go...because it stirs the pot. The dude has been out of office for almost 8 months...and is a septuagenarian has been living at a golf resort in Florida...evidently sans wife.  Let him fade away.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Look up. 

Literally nobody gaf what Trump said about windmills in 2020. Social media and lefty media keep dredging it up. The insurrection on Jan 6 is still current and meaningful. Anything else is just more flotsam. But...posts like that, and CNN, can't seem to let it go...because it stirs the pot. The dude has been out of office for almost 8 months...and is a septuagenarian has been living at a golf resort in Florida...evidently sans wife.  Let him fade away.

He literally is the leader of the party and a) thinks he is going to be reinstated as President in August...and b) strongly considering running again in 2024.

I don't see how discussing his mental incapacities is a bad thing.

Now, I can understand why a member of the Republican party would hate to constantly see this.  But......that's not the media's problem.

• Plus1 1

I can relate this to golf (...go figure :laughpound

This week is the US Open. Tiger Woods is injured, on crutches, not playing, won't be playing for years if ever again.

Since the tourney ended last week, and the US Open week "officially" started, about every 3rd or 4th posts on my social media feeds have been about Tiger Woods. Golf Channel did a long segment earlier this week about TW in 2008 at Torrey. That's 13 freaking years ago...who cares? Cover this years field, and tweet/post about the course, but let it go already.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I can relate this to golf (...go figure :laughpound

This week is the US Open. Tiger Woods is injured, on crutches, not playing, won't be playing for years if ever again.

Since the tourney ended last week, and the US Open week "officially" started, about every 3rd or 4th posts on my social media feeds have been about Tiger Woods. Golf Channel did a long segment earlier this week about TW in 2008 at Torrey. That's 13 freaking years ago...who cares? Cover this years field, and tweet/post about the course, but let it go already.

This would be a pertinent example if Tiger Woods were the leader of golf, influencing rules and decisions and actively saying he's going to be back playing as the #1 player on tour yet this year.

• Plus1 1