Media Bias

18 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's a lawyer, not a reporter.  He sounds like a moron.  Definitely extremists on both sides...doesn't make for a good time to be alive right now.

That video is from Project Veritas, who has been caught faking this kind of thing. 

Look who posted it on twitter. It's not a trustworthy source.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The actual words are coming out of the actual human on the video.   

that is a tiny problem at this time.   it will work itself out.  let's get past Trumps insurrection first....that kind of takes priority to me and many Americans right now.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They fake videos like this. They're good enough at it to provide cover for people who want to spread lies.

I guess I am missing where it says Principal Council for PBS didn’t say those words on the video.  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess I am missing where it says Principal Council for PBS didn’t say those words on the video.  

It's regrettable that, after being shown evidence that Project Veritas isn't a reliable source for such information that you double down with something like this.

It's almost as if you have no intent of having an honest conversation. An honest person would admit this is likely to be yet another in a series of such videos.

Or that even if it were 100% true and PV lucked into such information, that a lawyer for PBS has no power or sway over anything, and these words are not representative of anything. 

But you're not here to have that conversation. Regrettable.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Typically, Principal counsel or General counsel have great sway in what a company is allowed to put out to its consumers.  They are most always part of ELT’s and are relied upon to make sure the company is operating in a lawful manner. 
In a media company, he could be in those discussions about what the editorial news focus will be, or making sure PBS is operating in a good faith manner.  

Prob best not to discount ones own spoken words or try to justify them because of who discovered them. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

They weren't faking it this time.  Let's hope they continue moving toward integrity instead of making up s#!t to support a political agenda.

That would be a great move for a wide variety of media to take up, both left leaning and right leaning.  Would do wonders for the country and turning down the temperature on all the rhetoric these past 10-15 years. 

• Plus1 2
On 1/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, Archy1221 said:

That would be a great move for a wide variety of media to take up, both left leaning and right leaning.  Would do wonders for the country and turning down the temperature on all the rhetoric these past 10-15 years. 

As well as our citizenry, too.

There are a lot of moderate, middle of the road content publishers out there in the world. There are also a lot of journalists at those publications doing great work. But, too many people seem content relying on the CNN's and Fox News' for the majority of their content consumption. There will always be "leaning" news outlets and I don't think there's anything we can do to fix that; but, we do have a choice of who to give our time and clicks to.

And when in doubt, give it to them both. Find something that leans right, find something that leans left, read them both, form an opinion.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

As well as our citizenry, too.

There are a lot of moderate, middle of the road content publishers out there in the world. There are also a lot of journalists at those publications doing great work. But, too many people seem content relying on the CNN's and Fox News' for the majority of their content consumption. There will always be "leaning" news outlets and I don't think there's anything we can do to fix that; but, we do have a choice of who to give our time and clicks to.

And when in doubt, give it to them both. Find something that leans right, find something that leans left, read them both, form an opinion.

very true 

I wish Journos would get away from the reliance on anonymous sources.  Too often the story turns out wrong or only half right.  I just default to not believing anything anonymously sources now until someone is on the record.  

• Plus1 1