Trump Impeachment # 2

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How is Leahy presiding really that much different than the VP presiding over regular proceedings?

And it's all a moo point anyway. This is all part of the Senate proceedings in these matters.

The griping is because they're mad their bloated cheeto god is going to be held accountable for his actions.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How is Leahy presiding really that much different than the VP presiding over regular proceedings?

A) it’s a Presidential Impeachment so a little different than regular order one would think. 
B) There is no ‘tie’ outcome here on the verdict.  It’s a threshold vote To convict.  
C) I’m not a lawyer, but I’m guessing judges don’t get to vote to acquit/convict along with the jury in a criminal trial.  Possible I’m missing something there. 

so a little A, a little B, Let’s C

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And it's all a moo point anyway. This is all part of the Senate proceedings in these matters.

The griping is because they're mad their bloated cheeto god is going to be held accountable for his actions.

Who is bloated cheeto God?  
Cheeto’s are good, the crunchy ones, though.  I wouldn’t put them in God status but that’s just me:dunno  

I haven’t tried the flaming Cheeto kind so maybe that’s what Knap is referring too.  

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A) it’s a Presidential Impeachment so a little different than regular order one would think. 
B) There is no ‘tie’ outcome here on the verdict.  It’s a threshold vote To convict.  
C) I’m not a lawyer, but I’m guessing judges don’t get to vote to acquit/convict along with the jury in a criminal trial.  Possible I’m missing something there. 

so a little A, a little B, Let’s C

A) It is no longer a Presidential impeachment or Roberts would preside.

B) yupper

C) This isn't a criminal trial

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

A) It is no longer a Presidential impeachment or Roberts would preside.

B) yupper

C) This isn't a criminal trial

A) which is why it’s pointless and most likely unconstitutional 

B) glad you understand this

C) let’s re-Phrase to any type of jury trial. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A) which is why it’s pointless and most likely unconstitutional 

B) glad you understand this

C) let’s re-Phrase to any type of jury trial. 

Former government officers have been tried for impeachment before. It's not unconditional. These proceedings are not a jury trial. They do not function the same as a trial for a regular defendants and they should not. Impeachment is a trial for officers of the government.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If we are comparing these impeachments to a regular jury trial, then the first impeachment would have been way different. We had a number of jurors who stated, before the trial even started, that they were not even going to consider any of the evidence, and then half of the jury ultimately voted to not have evidence presented at the trial. In any normal courthouse, those jurors would have been dismissed and not allowed a vote.

• Plus1 2