Economy

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

BOIL is nuts today...

Enjoy the ride

Wonder if that would have anything to do with the helium found in Minnesota. I think helium is usually a biproduct of natural gas extraction.

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess we will agree to disagree.   The data inside is sourced.  Their ratings of politicians doesn’t change it.  

“Sourced”? More like curated for a purpose.

Are you really still under the delusion that the R party is the party of fiscal responsibility? I used to also think that once upon a time. Hate to break it to ya but neither party is fiscally responsible. One party simply votes no on any spending measure the other party comes up with. And then they turn around and give tax breaks to the ultra rich and big corps. Both have the same fiscal effect. But I guess it’s good enough for you to glean “sourced” data. :lol::lol:

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are you really still under the delusion that the R party is the party of fiscal responsibility?

No I am not.  I know you read my posts and I’ve said they are big spenders too.  

37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hate to break it to ya but neither party is fiscally responsible.

We agree.  Sorry but you aren’t really “breaking” anything to me,  

38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And then they turn around and give tax breaks to the ultra rich and big corps.

Everyone who pays taxes got a tax break last time. 

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But I guess it’s good enough for you to glean “sourced” data

It’s an open forum.  You can provide any data and source you want in order to refute what’s on that site.  But you haven’t, just like you wouldn’t take the time to refute any DeSantis policies last time we talked.  I get it, you don’t like the numbers being what they are, you don’t like him as a person.  But that’s different and much easier than providing evidence.  I certainly understand though 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No I am not.  I know you read my posts and I’ve said they are big spenders too.  

We agree.  Sorry but you aren’t really “breaking” anything to me,  

Everyone who pays taxes got a tax break last time. 

It’s an open forum.  You can provide any data and source you want in order to refute what’s on that site.  But you haven’t, just like you wouldn’t take the time to refute any DeSantis policies last time we talked.  I get it, you don’t like the numbers being what they are, you don’t like him as a person.  But that’s different and much easier than providing evidence.  I certainly understand though 

I can’t refute something that the other person is not willing to use common sense on. That link you posted is blaming “Bidenomics” for all the listed problems. Like he is solely responsible for anything and everything that happens in the economy. Yeah he takes credit for things he shouldn’t and he gets blamed for things he shouldn’t. That’s politicians being a politician and partisans doing what they do. Sorry if I’m not going to play along with the charade of it all being due to Bidenomics. In case you haven’t noticed, the economy kind of does what it’s going to do regardless the WH occupant.  Certain policies may help or hinder but that little PAC funded hit piece is certainly nothing anybody should put much stock in. But go right ahead and keep teeing up the partisan BS, it’s what we expect.

• TBH 2
14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I can’t refute something that the other person is not willing to use common sense on

You literally can find numbers to dispute the numbers put out in response to Joe Biden’s own quotes.   If you think the numbers being used are wrong, give us the correct ones.  It has nothing to do with me, you, or anyone else.  

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That link you posted is blaming “Bidenomics” for all the listed problems. Like he is solely responsible for anything and everything that happens in the economy

Joe is taking credit for things that aren’t even happening and numbers were posted to refute his assertions it looks like to me

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Certain policies may help or hinder

Agree

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But go right ahead and keep teeing up the partisan BS, it’s what we expect.

I will keep posting what I find interesting.   You certainly don’t have to read OR respond.   But if you do respond as disagree, a piece of free advice….go-ahead and provide the evidence for why you disagree

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You literally can find numbers to dispute the numbers put out in response to Joe Biden’s own quotes.   If you think the numbers being used are wrong, give us the correct ones.  It has nothing to do with me, you, or anyone else.  

Joe is taking credit for things that aren’t even happening and numbers were posted to refute his assertions it looks like to me

Agree

I will keep posting what I find interesting.   You certainly don’t have to read OR respond.   But if you do respond as disagree, a piece of free advice….go-ahead and provide the evidence for why you disagree

I don’t disagree that Biden got caught making claims that aren’t entirely true or things he should be taking credit for. I expect politicians to do that crap. What I disagree with is the spin of the source and how valuable that information is. Anybody with half a functioning brain knows what conclusions Americans for Prosperity are going to arrive at. Posting that is the equivalent of me telling my wife what is going to happen in a Hallmark movie after watching the first 5 minutes. So in a way you’re right, it wasn’t worth my effort to point out the worthlessness of the source.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t disagree that Biden got caught making claims that aren’t entirely true or things he should be taking credit for. I expect politicians to do that crap. What I disagree with is the spin of the source and how valuable that information is. Anybody with half a functioning brain knows what conclusions Americans for Prosperity are going to arrive at. Posting that is the equivalent of me telling my wife what is going to happen in a Hallmark movie after watching the first 5 minutes. So in a way you’re right, it wasn’t worth my effort to point out the worthlessness of the source.

Nice try!

Like you knew that the big time lawyer from "the big city" who hates Christmas but also had to close a big deal in Mistletoe Town (which for some reason is only like an hour away from "big city) was going to meet some dude (with 6 pack abs) that looked homeless but was also a doctor and a lawyer but also bought an foster home for kids...and would NEVER leave Mistletoe Town because his ex left and never came back...and he would fall in love with the big time lawyer from the Big City...

And you are gonna try to tell me you knew that was gonna happen without your wife telling you?  No, you did not know that.  NO ONE KNEW!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t disagree that Biden got caught making claims that aren’t entirely true or things he should be taking credit for. I expect politicians to do that crap.

Then you should expect people to point that out

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Anybody with half a functioning brain knows what conclusions Americans for Prosperity are going to arrive at.

Not sure if you’ve take an anatomy class, but you probably be amazed at how little of our brains any of us use.   Regardless of whether they push back against Joe or not.  

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

They scored all reps and senators and guess what, all Rs are rated 100 and almost all Ds are rated 0 with a small handful rating 13. 

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The data inside is sourced.  Their ratings of politicians doesn’t change it.  

Respectfully, archy, bull fucking s#!t. Hide behind your benign technicalities all you want, but the fruit of a tree tells you its quality.

Americans for Prosperity (AFP), founded in 2004, is a libertarian conservative political advocacy group in the United States affiliated with brothers Charles Koch and the late David Koch.[6] As the Koch family's primary political advocacy group, it is one of the most influential American conservative organizations.[7][8]

After the 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, AFP helped transform the Tea Party movement into a political force. It organized significant opposition to Obama administration initiatives such as global warming regulation, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the expansion of Medicaid, and economic stimulus. It helped turn back cap and trade, the major environmental proposal of Obama's first term. AFP advocated for limits on the collective bargaining rights of public-sector trade unions and for right-to-work laws and opposed raising the federal minimum wage. AFP played an active role in achieving the Republican majority in the House of Representatives in 2010 and in the Senate in 2014.

In the 2014 midterm election cycle, AFP led all groups other than political action committees (PACs) in spending on political television advertising. AFP's scope of operations has drawn comparisons to political parties. AFP, an educational social welfare organization, and the associated Americans for Prosperity Foundation, a public charity, are tax-exempt nonprofits. As a tax-exempt nonprofit, AFP is not legally required to disclose its donors to the general public;[9] the extent of its political activities while operating as a tax-exempt entity has raised concerns among some campaign finance watchdogs as to the transparency of its funding.

In June 2011, AFP placed fake eviction notices on doors in the Delray neighborhood of Detroit, stating that homes might be taken to make way for the Detroit River International Crossing project.[234]

In August 2011, AFP mailed absentee voter applications to Democratic voters in at least two recall elections in Wisconsin that included a filing deadline two days after the election. The return envelopes were addressed to an "Absentee Ballot Application Processing Center" with the post office box number of Wisconsin Family Action, a socially conservative group, rather than to the clerk's office.[235][236] Responding to charges of voter suppression, AFP said the incorrect date was a "printing mistake" and was intended only for voters in the two districts where Democrats are set to face recalls on a later date.[237][238] The state board of elections opened an investigation.[239]

In 2013 in Virginia and 2014 in Arkansas, the AFP Foundation mailed "voter history report cards," which included the public-record voting history of both the addressee and its neighbors.[240][241][242]

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you look at the graph of it, roughly 3 years ago, it was close to the same price.

Ahhhh, got it!

I guess according to crypto-bros it will either "hit 100,000 this year or crash" So, there you go!

• Plus1 1