Biden Foreign Policy

2 minutes ago, nic said:

The people are not looking forward to a Taliban take over. If that was the agreement, why would our admin and Generals express such confidence in the Afghan army holding up? That sounds like a double cross. 

image.png.7454a5e1ad5a314f4ffa232da4ab35e2.png

And people wonder why I questioned whether we would actually withdraw, probably because Biden said we wouldn't walk away.  Well, we are.  He also said it wouldn't collapse, woops!

(Glad we are getting out, always wanted to.  Severely disappointed in how they went about it.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Avoided answering or addressing - it's not me that's struggling here.

You've got zero measurable data that postponing the withdrawal did nothing to hurt the execution.  Likewise I've nothing to counter.  But objectively speaking, using solely the eyeball test, what positives came from waiting?

• Haha 2
57 minutes ago, Redux said:

You've got zero measurable data that postponing the withdrawal did nothing to hurt the execution.  Likewise I've nothing to counter.  But objectively speaking, using solely the eyeball test, what positives came from waiting?

"eyeball test" - nothing to support either conclusion because there's no way to "eyeball" a theoretical alternate reality to make a comparison

logical reasoning - waiting more likely to give better execution than doing it sooner (more time to plan and coordinate)

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

"eyeball test" - nothing to support either conclusion because there's no way to "eyeball" a theoretical alternate reality to make a comparison

logical reasoning - waiting more likely to give better execution than doing it sooner (more time to plan and coordinate)

So.....you've got nothing.  Okay, figured as much.  I too see no discernable reason to justify the wait now.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

So.....you've got nothing.  Okay, figured as much.  I too see no discernable reason to justify the wait now.

You can keep saying that, but I've given you the reasoning.

Again, I'm not arguing against saying we shouldn't have waited - I'm arguing against saying BOTH that we shouldn't have waited AND that the execution (like leaving weapons behind) should have better better.

For myself, I think we should have withdrawn earlier and accept that it would have been a s#!tshow worse than what we're seeing now.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Now that we've established that there was zero reason to wait to execute the withdrawal (proven by the fact the extended window was still a disaster), what will the administration do next?  Any guesses?

Same thing we always do - paramilitary/clandestine operations that try to stay out of the political spotlight. I wish we wouldn't but pretty sure we will.

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You can keep saying that, but I've given you the reasoning.

Again, I'm not arguing against saying we shouldn't have waited - I'm arguing against saying BOTH that we shouldn't have waited AND that the execution (like leaving weapons behind) should have better better.

For myself, I think we should have withdrawn earlier and accept that it would have been a s#!tshow worse than what we're seeing now.

No, you gave me assumptions.  And even if those assumptions are indeed true, the execution and pushback were completely wasted.

Yes, we should have.  Like you excitedly pointed out.

And you base that it would've been worse months ago off of what exactly?

Just now, Redux said:

No, you gave me assumptions.  And even if those assumptions are indeed true, the execution and pushback were completely wasted.

How could you possibly know this? You don't because you don't know what would have happened if the withdrawal had happened 6 months ago. So we're left to reason out what is likely to have happened. (I'm also amused you accuse me of assumptions and then go on to make assumptions.)

Just now, Redux said:

And you base that it would've been worse months ago off of what exactly?

Logical reasoning: 6 additional months of preparation and planning likely leads to better execution of the withdrawal. So without those 6 months the execution is likely to be worse.

• Haha 1