Biden Foreign Policy

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No, but you're not answering the question. What should the US have done to avoid weapons being available?

Because it's not a real question.  There isn't a right answer.  It's the grade school playground "Okay Mr. Smarty Pants, how would you do it?".

I don't get paid Millions in tax revenue to figure these things out.  Those that do had an extra half a year to withdraw and still managed to do it poorly.

Why did we push it back if this was the inevitable result?  People chastised me for criticizing pushing it back, what did it achieve.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Because it's not a real question.  There isn't a right answer.  It's the grade school playground "Okay Mr. Smarty Pants, how would you do it?".

I don't get paid Millions in tax revenue to figure these things out.  Those that do had an extra half a year to withdraw and still managed to do it poorly.

Why did we push it back if this was the inevitable result?  People chastised me for criticizing pushing it back, what did it achieve.

This is exactly the point of my comparing your posts. You're just complaining to complain without rationale for why you're complaining, which why I called it a tirade. You argue that the US shouldn't have left weapons but can't explain what they should have done. You're complaining that the US waited an additional 6 months without considering what would have happened if we had left 6 months ago. (Likely even more weapons would have been left, for example.) And then when challenged, you try to avoid having to answer with stuff like: "Because it's not a real question.  There isn't a right answer." and "You're playing word gymnastics"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, Redux said:

Keep reaching, maybe you'll find something.  Again, I ask patiently, what was the point of waiting another 6 months?

I assume it was for logistical reasons like leaving behind the minimum amount of weaponry for the Taliban to collect, getting far reaching units back to central locations for departures, guarding these departure locations, organizing bases back in the US to handle the returnees, etc.

I doubt the 6 months made our departure any worse than it was and had the potential for it to have been much better. We will never know for sure what the trade-offs were.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I assume it was for logistical reasons like leaving behind the minimum amount of weaponry for the Taliban to collect, getting far reaching units back to central locations for departures, guarding these departure locations, organizing bases back in the US to handle the returnees, etc.

I doubt the 6 months made our departure any worse than it was and had the potential for it to have been much better. We will never know for sure what the trade-offs were.

So, (looks back at my original gripe of pushing back the withdrawal), there really wasn't a reason to push it back to begin with?  Huh, weird.

• Plus1 1

I really haven't followed this stuff closely. What happens to Afghanistan now? Seems like Taliban had a collective goal of ousting the US and taking over the key cities in the region. Since that happened and they got little pushback, where do they turn? Everything I read seems to indicate there are local groups of the Taliban, will they start to fight each other? Is there another land or group in the region they beef with?

21 minutes ago, Redux said:

So, (looks back at my original gripe of pushing back the withdrawal), there really wasn't a reason to push it back to begin with?  Huh, weird.

So you're both arguing that we shouldn't have pushed back the withdrawal and arguing that the withdrawal is being executed poorly but ignoring that withdrawing 6 months ago probably would have made the execution even worse. That contradiction is what I'm pushing back against.

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So you're both arguing that we shouldn't have pushed back the withdrawal and arguing that the withdrawal is being executed poorly but ignoring that withdrawing 6 months ago probably would have made the execution even worse. That contradiction is what I'm pushing back against.

It's not a contradiction, that's where you're struggling.  I forgive you.