***Nebraska Pro Day 2021***

GSG

He needed a good time so this is good to see. He's in a weird spot where (assuming that is legitimately ~4.40) he's the ideal build/speed for a slot corner, and those are in demand. But he never got to play that position here, and couldn't get reps there at an all-star game. I feel like with good times and being able to point to reps in the slot he could've ended up drafted, but without any tape there he's probably a UDFA - I bet he'll have a lot of teams trying to sign him though.  

• Plus1 1

It’s hard to see any of them getting drafted outside of Jaimes very late. Bootle is small & is not an impact guy. Decent cover man but gets burned often. Doesn't impact the game from a turnover perspective but a high character guy. Does not play like he runs a 4.38-4.4. Mills is too slow. Probably a mid-high 4.7 runner. Running backs are everywhere. He doesn’t break enough tackles for how big he is. Farniok is not NFL caliber. Slow feet, not crazy strong or athletic & a penalty machine. Who knows about Stoll but his production wasn’t amazing. Although some of that was the fault of the offense. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

It’s hard to see any of them getting drafted outside of Jaimes very late. Bootle is small & is not an impact guy. Decent cover man but gets burned often. Doesn't impact the game from a turnover perspective but a high character guy. Does not like play he runs a 4.38-4.4. Mills is too slow. Probably a mid-high 4.7 runner. Running backs are everywhere. Farniok is not NFL caliber. Slow feet, not crazy strong or athletic & a penalty machine. 

Agree. It's frustrating when you have someone who runs a 4.38 and you can say "gets burned often".

Interestingly, Farniok did more on the bench than Jaimes and had a better vertical.  

I agree though that he's not an NFL player.  Too many penalties and horrible technique.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree. It's frustrating when you have someone who runs a 4.38 and you can say "gets burned often".

Interestingly, Farniok did more on the bench than Jaimes and had a better vertical.  

I agree though that he's not an NFL player.  Too many penalties and horrible technique.

I saw that too but I also heard that Jaimes was injured today and that is why he didn’t run the 40. But you put the tape on & Jaimes is leaps and bounds more athletic. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Decked said:

It’s hard to see any of them getting drafted outside of Jaimes very late. Bootle is small & is not an impact guy. Decent cover man but gets burned often. Doesn't impact the game from a turnover perspective but a high character guy. Does not play like he runs a 4.38-4.4. Mills is too slow. Probably a mid-high 4.7 runner. Running backs are everywhere. He doesn’t break enough tackles for how big he is. Farniok is not NFL caliber. Slow feet, not crazy strong or athletic & a penalty machine. Who knows about Stoll but his production wasn’t amazing. Although some of that was the fault of the offense. 

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure I'd say "gets burned often." My biggest complaint with Bootle was ball skills - he was frequently exactly where he needed to be, and just couldn't make plays on the ball. I think he's got a good shot as a nickel corner, but he's never played it and ball skills are important there so probably UDFA. 

Farniok and Stoll are weird. Farniok was better than he gets credit for, but man when he got beat he got beat. 33-inch vertical and 28 bench reps indicate more athleticism than I would have guessed, but he has no track record of effectively handling a speed rusher and so I don't know how he makes it. But he could easily be the latest in the Qvale/Sirles/Sterup lineage to stick around for a while in the league. If he can play to his strengths he could be fine in the NFL, but there's lots of D-Linemen and DCs who will make sure he has to deal with his weaknesses. 

Maybe it was the knee injury, but I would've pegged Stoll as closer to 4.9 than 4.6. Maybe he gets a better look there, but scouts also don't buy testing numbers that never show up on film. If a team thinks he can unlock more of the speed in game he'll get a shot, he's a good blocker and has good hands. Speed was the question - it hasn't been answered because I didn't see it in the games. But at least it wasn't answered the other way, actually running a 4.8/4.9.

Overall Jaimes is the only decent bet to be drafted. He's got the best film and positional flexibility, solid testing numbers. But Bootle and Stoll have cases now, and I expect them + Farniok to be able to pick from quite a few teams as UDFAs. Would not shock me if any of them got drafted late, but not expecting it. Mills will get some training camp/preseason carries, but RBs in general are a dime a dozen. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always find it interesting when a player like Farniok or Stoll drop weight to try to get drafted.  If that would make them a better player, why didn't they do that while playing for us?

This isn't an indictment on this staff because it happens a lot with no matter what staff we have.

New trainers?  I’d say it’s a product of the daily workouts and nutrition aimed at getting good pro-day numbers.  I doubt the cut weight would have yielded better results on the field for their positions.