*** The CFB Playoff Misc bullsh#t Thread ***

4 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Why not keep the conference championship and just got to an 8 team playoff, with 5 conference champions auto and 3 at large? Then the committee ranks 1-8 and sets playoff bracket. 

I guess I just think that they are eventually going to get to a 16 team playoff, so they might as well just get there.

Plus, the more teams (in my opinion) the better.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Why?  They weren't the best in their conference or division even.

If Alabama or Clemson don't win their conference and only have 1 loss, they should be in...at this point in time.  They are the two best teams.  That's what the playoff is.  Best vs. best.

I really don't care if it's Alabama or Clemson...replace those names with two other schools with their rosters, coaching staffs and results.  I'd still say they would be in.  It's about being the best, not winning a terrible P5 league.

Just now, Cobra Kai said:

If Alabama or Clemson don't win their conference and only have 1 loss, they should be in...at this point in time.  They are the two best teams.  That's what the playoff is.  Best vs. best.

I really don't care if it's Alabama or Clemson...replace those names with two other schools with their rosters, coaching staffs and results.  I'd still say they would be in.  It's about being the best, not winning a terrible P5 league.

Imagine if MLB or NFL always put the Yankees or Patriots in because on paper they're the "best" team.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I guess I just think that they are eventually going to get to a 16 team playoff, so they might as well just get there.

Plus, the more teams (in my opinion) the better.  

Also the more teams the more $$. I would think the NCAA would hurry this up.

3 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

No they aren't.  If they were, they would have won their conference.

1 minute ago, Cobra Kai said:

Benefit of the doubt is earned.  

NO.

• Plus1 2