Blackshirts!

Mavric

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Based on the comments from individual players, the 12 defensive guys who got Blackshirts are:

Daniel, Ty Robinson, Stille and Deontre Thomas on D-line

Domann, Nelson, Tannor, Henrich, and Reimer at LB's

CTB, Dismuke, and Deontei Williams at DB's.

Would think Kolarevic would get one as well.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Is anyone surprised that Henrich got one?  I know I as hearing some good things.  But, I wasn't sure he was at this level yet.

Not particularly surprised that Henrich got one but that Kolarevic didn't.  Not sure who the first two on the field will be but all indications are that those two and Reimer will have a pretty steady rotation.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is anyone surprised that Henrich got one?  I know I as hearing some good things.  But, I wasn't sure he was at this level yet.

I'm a huge Henrich fan, but I was even surprised at him getting one.  I just didn't know if he would healthy enough to be the #1 guy at ILB.  As Mav has pointed out, Kolarevic will probably get one soon if the rotation is, as expected.

I feel for that 4th DB (or 2) because (with no Blackshirt awarded) Frost has just put a big target on THEIR back for Saturday’s game. Expect them to be tested early & often by Illinois.

AND if a safety is helping out to that DB’s side, look for Illinois to try to exploit THAT. Frost just made their offensive game plan a bit simpler. (Unless “It’s a trap!”)

Is this the first pregame-One that Frost & Co. have handed out Blackshirts instead of playing motivational games with them?

24 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I feel for that 4th DB (or 2) because (with no Blackshirt awarded) Frost has just put a big target on THEIR back for Saturday’s game. Expect them to be tested early & often by Illinois.

AND if a safety is helping out to that DB’s side, look for Illinois to try to exploit THAT. Frost just made their offensive game plan a bit simpler. (Unless “It’s a trap!”)

Is this the first pregame-One that Frost & Co. have handed out Blackshirts instead of playing motivational games with them?

I think you're over thinking this.  Bert doesn't care which of our players have a blackshirt or not.

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think you're over thinking this.  Bert doesn't care which of our players have a blackshirt or not.

While I am certainly capable of overthinking things, I think you are under-thinking this. When a team hands out Tier One identities to 3 of it's 4 in the Defensive Backfield, just who would YOU target first (and often) if YOU were the offensive coordinator? It is an outward symbol you don't know who deserves a Blackshirt at that position.