Fordham Play-by-Play

Mavric

14 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Yea, but it's indicitive of some of the issues that Adrian still has: that's a nice pocket, but he's still uncomfortable and he throws off his back foot. Thankfully the window was wide, wide open. 

Correct. 

Very good protection, plenty of time and room, yet AM gets happy feet, throws off his back foot, doesn't step into his throw. He does this quite a bit. Set your feet, snap your hips, step into the throw. Tough to get much velocity on the ball when you aren't getting the rest of  or any of your body involved in the throw- its all arm. 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, Undone said:

Good stuff.

Obviously there's a narrative that Frost doesn't play the best guys for seemingly nebulous reasons. Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't. One would think that Ervin is outperforming the pack in practice, but this Buffalo game is sort of do or die for Frosty IMO.

Better make sure to play the guys who you believe will show up the biggest in games so we don't lose this one. It'll be interesting to see who's out there on the first offensive drive.

Ervin finally got a chance to show some of what he can do and Stepp was the victim of never having a chance.

I think they are both solid.  Not sure we can really say one is better than the other.  Both have different strengths and the whole offense needs the line to be better.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ervin finally got a chance to show some of what he can do and Stepp was the victim of never having a chance.

I think they are both solid.  Not sure we can really say one is better than the other.  Both have different strengths and the whole offense needs the line to be better.

After today's game, I totally agree.

I loved seeing Gabe get some success out there. Physically he is everything you'd want a starting B1G RB to be...and he's only a freshman. Same thing with Stepp, really.

I like where Ervin's ceiling could be long-term though.

• Plus1 1